Author Topic: DSO5072P repair, shorted digital circuit  (Read 911 times)

Offline SyzeryuinoTopic starter

• Contributor
DSO5072P repair, shorted digital circuit
« on: July 24, 2021, 03:43:02 pm »
i recently acquired the Hantek DSO5072P,it was sold as a non functioning unit with no refunds (it was kinda a good price in my country).

after opening it up there was no power supply so after some digging someone from the thread found out you only need the digital voltage to turn the unit on, so i turned it without the analog circuit turned on, some buttons light up as shown in the picture

the display was shown as turned off but if i zoom in with my phone and turned on the lights, there's actually a bunch of lines

i tried disconecting the backlight and powering it with my lab bench power supply and it showed... well a bunch of lines i guess

after some probing here and there with my limited knowledge of electronics, and the schematics, well all the voltage rails for the SMU and IC are there but still nothing but i did find out a few hotspot and a few shorted capacitor near the FPGA and ADC so not a good news.
here's the shorted capacitor and it was drawing ~500mA in 3.3V rails

question is do i need to desolder the FPGA/ADC to know which one is bad, and is it worth it? part availability seems pretty scares in aliexpress and such chinesse websites

and sorry for the English, its not my native language

Offline soesante

Re: DSO5072P repair, shorted digital circuit
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 03:21:35 pm »
HI @Syzeryuino

Saya juga beli DSO5072 rusak. tapi ternyata ada capacitor yang lepas dan tidak tau ukurannya.
apakah bisa bantu cek, mainboard bagian  bawah capacitor yang hilang seperti di photo. (red marked).
Terima kasih bantuannya.

1243242-0

Offline SyzeryuinoTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: DSO5072P repair, shorted digital circuit
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 06:01:30 am »
harusnya si 1 capacitor copot aja gk masalah gan, kyknya si kalo liat dr schematicnya kyknya 10uf, tapi harusnya copot 1 capacitor gk bikin mati jg soalnya pararel jg. udh cek pake serial gan outputnya gmn? punya saya gk boot jadi kyknya flash memorynya mati ato firmwarenya corrupt
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 06:08:44 am by Syzeryuino »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf