Author Topic: E3604A repair or calibration needed?  (Read 307 times)

Offline lasvegasTopic starter

E3604A repair or calibration needed?
« on: August 13, 2020, 06:48:59 am »
I have some E3604A.

When I set the voltage using the limit button say to 6V. then I enable the output and it sort of goes to 5.998V on the display, might drift down to 5.997V
Fluke says that is what the output actually is 5.997V.

Is this damaged, or calibraiton issue?

I tried a simple calibration using my meter and I don't think things really changed at all.  (That said I didn't use the current sense 0.1ohm as recommended in the service manual, use the I of the meter). That said if you are out at all it won't accept your calibration either so was probably not bad meter measurements.

Anyone own this and can confirm this behaviour is due to calibration or due to some other issue?

Offline garrettm

• Frequent Contributor
Re: E3604A repair or calibration needed?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 07:57:42 am »
I can't find the datasheet to the model E3604A you've stated, but I did find a datasheet for the E3634A.

https://www.matsolutions.com/Portals/0/Product%20documents/Agilent%20Technologies/E3634A/E3634A%20Data%20Sheet.pdf

It looks like the programming resolution is 3 mV and the programming accuracy is stated as 0.05% + 10 mV. So I don't really see a problem with your unit. It's within specification.

You can't assume that it will be "bang-on" just because the display shows you have mV resolution.

Read the data sheet and compare your programmed output and display's readback with the accuracy specifications. If you are within tolerance you are good to go. This is literally what they do at a cal lab. Only if you pay more money will they actually perform an adjustment, and even then, only if it's out of tolerance.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf