Author Topic: EPSON V39 Scanner Carriage Repair  (Read 1835 times)

Offline pedroantonioTopic starter

EPSON V39 Scanner Carriage Repair
« on: February 03, 2019, 11:45:02 pm »
Trying to find out how to remove the Epson V39 Scanner glass to access the scanning wand/carriage...my nephew dropped the unit and the scan wand's carriage, which normally travels the entire length beneath the glass upon power-up, lights and tries to initiate a functionality test, but now the carriage only moves a few inches and then stops. I managed to remove the screws and plastic edging on the head and foot of the unit, but the glass won't slide out from the side rim slots, which appear to be cast as part of the body(?)...they don't seem to be attached with any screws I can find.

Not sure if the teeth on the gear attached to the wand are possibly chipped?...or maybe the wand carriage was knocked off it's runner tracks?...the ribbon's stuck or misaligned? Epson's repair manuals are apparently proprietary and only released to authorized service centers.

The unit's not worth sending it out for repair, as that'll cost me considerably more than just going out and buying a brand new scanner...but it seems a shame to trash a previously great working unit if one slight adjustment will restore it to its former excellent performance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:02:29 am by pedroantonio »

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: EPSON V39 Scanner
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 11:57:37 pm »
Some actual pictures of the unit would be more helpful than posting the marketing material...

It might open from the bottom instead of the top.

Offline Armadillo

• Super Contributor
Re: EPSON V39 Scanner Carriage Repair
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:04:14 am »
Should be driven by steel wire belt, coil in rect & X shape.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf