Electronics > Repair

Extech LCR-200 - repair ?

(1/2) > >>

mladen82:
I managed to destroy just the new Extech LCR Meter LCR-200
I accidentally connect it to 220V AC, how? better not to ask
Basically now when starting the display shows only ER01 and immediately shuts down.
I used it a few months and  can say that I was happy but not too happy.
Because otherwise I do repairs, so  opened it and  immediately noticed that  burned four resistors. By colors I'd say they were 100 ohm 1%. I photographed everything and you will see. I replaced them hoping that will solve the defect, however, none of that. It seems that too burned integrated circuit U6 and some SMD resistors. Resistors are not a problem but this IC. The manufacturer has deliberately erased markings.
I contacted the Extech manufacturer directly related to service but I'm a little unkindly refused for answer, simply buy a new instrument.
By the way I noticed that this instrument is in fact a copy of the instrument Lutron LCR-9184, according to the markings on the pcb.

I raised the topic with the hope that someone will help me find the IC in question and might be able to fix this instrument.

mladen82:
anyone can help?

kripton2035:
I'm pretty sure it's an ES51920 from cyrustek, package and functions match.
but
the datasheet is not public, and the IC is not public available ... only to lcr manufacturers ...
try to ask cyrustek for a sample, explaining your problem ?
good luck.

mladen82:

--- Quote from: kripton2035 on September 01, 2013, 05:15:40 pm ---I'm pretty sure it's an ES51920 from cyrustek, package and functions match.
but
the datasheet is not public, and the IC is not public available ... only to lcr manufacturers ...
try to ask cyrustek for a sample, explaining your problem ?
good luck.

--- End quote ---
Many thanks for your reply and help!
It seems that there is some datasheet   http://www.cyrustek.com.tw/spec/ES51920.pdf but not sure if is complete, and it seems that this chipset is very common for use in  lcr meters
I will try to get one like you said from Cyrustek, if can't will try some other way from China.

Once again thanks and i will post what i did.

mladen82:
Thanks to kripton2035 and generous support from Cyrustek  i repaired my LCR200.  :-+
I contacted Cyrustek and they sent me for FREE x2 pcs of damaged ES51920 chip.
Never met such positive support from manufacturer like this from Cyrustek.

I will never buy anything from Extech beacuse they refused me about repair, they just stated ''buy new one''.  :--

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version