Author Topic: Fijifilm AX560 won't turn on without batteries, even with SMPS  (Read 622 times)

Offline lordvader88Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
I've soldered on wires to the battery terminals of the camera, so I can power it off a SMPS. Apparently this thing won't run off its USB port, (I should check the manual). I got zapped by the 300V caps in the process, took them down to 220V through my finger. That was left from the batteries, I had no idea, and the solder joint for it is just sticking right out !!!

But now the only way for it to work, is with the batteries in the case and its door closed. I don't see any switch. And I don't see the memory card getting pushed down any like on some cameras.

Without the batteries, and me inputting 3V it tries to start, but shuts right off. With the AAs in place and the 3Vin it works, so it's not some over-current protection.

The battery door connects the 2AA in series. I was wondering if something was checking if 1/2 the voltage was there ???
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:31:00 pm by lordvader88 »

Offline lordvader88Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Re: Fijifilm AX560 won't turn on without batteries, even with SMPS
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 06:50:54 pm »
I put 1.5V on the battery door from 10k/10k , and still won't turn on without batteries in the case, why ? The door is hard too close with the batts in, I don't see any switch or button/etc that should care if batts are in/out

maybe it needs a much higher current from the 1.5V ?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:09:59 pm by lordvader88 »

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
Re: Fijifilm AX560 won't turn on without batteries, even with SMPS
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 11:28:29 pm »
My guess would be a current issue, namely that your supply can't supply the current required, AA cells can

1. supply a pretty decent amount of current
  2. are right there in the battery compartment unlike your DC supply which is only some long wires a long way from the compartment

Put a decent sized cap across the battery contacts and see if that helps.
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf