Electronics > Repair

Fluke 199C scopemeter repair

<< < (14/26) > >>

feedback.loop:

--- Quote from: Enginerding on October 09, 2021, 01:54:43 am ---@feedback

Great attention to fine details in your vids.

Any chance you have one of those PCB's left, or can share the gerbers you made?

--- End quote ---

Yes, I am thinking about publishing this, and building the remaining boards. Give me a few days.

feedback.loop:
Here we go: https://github.com/feedbackloopchannel/fluke19x-programmer

PM for assembled boards.

Enginerding:
@FeedbackLoop, I'm embarrassed I wasn't more clear, but was referencing the replacement keypad.  Derp on me.  :phew:

But I see the community has been blessed with another amazing project.  Thank you.

Would it be possible to share those board files also?

commongrounder:

--- Quote from: feedback.loop on October 02, 2021, 04:16:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: asis on October 02, 2021, 07:05:21 am ---Static SRAM (CY62147CV33) located on the module A201 together with FlashRAM (ST39VF800A) is used to save TrendPlot Waveform and Setup data in Recorder mode.
Therefore, even if the scope is turned off, the module is still powered and consumes current until the battery is completely discharged.

--- End quote ---

SRAM chips consume about 8-9 uA in standby, and Flash chips consume about 4 uA. I don't see any reason to worry about it.

--- End quote ---
I happened to come across this thread just as I was replacing the battery pack in my 199c Scopemeter.  I went and set up to measure the current draw in various states. This is using a bench power supply set to 8.4 volts, and current limited to 1.5 amps.
Standby current: 840 microamps
Peak startup current: 1.221 amps
Running current: 880 milliamps bright backlight
Running current: 808 milliamps dim backlight
I did do a power up sequence using a current clamp on my scope.  If anybody wants to see that, I can post it here. Nothing other than the backlight setting changed the running current.

noidea:

--- Quote from: Assafl on October 07, 2021, 06:53:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: feedback.loop on October 01, 2021, 03:12:24 am ---
--- Quote from: Assafl on September 30, 2021, 11:42:13 am ---Thanks for your videos. I put together a LiIon battery from a discarded bike battery and it works great (they are old 2200mAh cells - so they last "only" 7 hours! - and you don't have to fret the battery going dead for months).

Were you able to update to 225c?
AFAIK Bushealth option is a 10 character code away: Under USER -> VERSION & CAL menu click F1.

--- End quote ---

Do you know how to update to 225C?

--- End quote ---

This works: https://xdevs.com/doc/Fluke/19x_2xxC_Scopemeter/fw_V804_225C_for_199C/

--- End quote ---

Do you know if this will work with a 196C or is there any way of upgrading a 196C to enable this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version