Author Topic: Fluke 199C scopemeter repair  (Read 32655 times)

Offline asis

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fluke 199C scopemeter repair
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2021, 08:26:35 pm »
Hi,
How do you look at it?
1357640-0
Now, I wanted to ask you:
how do you explain the fact that any cloned module works successfully in any scopemeter.

It turns out that the mechanisms for checking the ROM ASIC mask (UHM Universal Host Mask v3.0) do not start and this is only required when SW updates and / or calibration are performed via the PM9080 or OC4USB cable and the Fluke Flash Tool and MET / CAL.

During calibration, a report (certificate) is generated, tied to the serial number of the scopemetr and is an integral part of the calibrators Fluke 5500A or similar.

Offline feedback.loopTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2021, 03:14:25 am »
asis, do you happen to know how to change the serial number in the FLASH? perhaps there is a checksum that needs to be adjusted or something like this?

Offline asis

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2021, 09:42:58 am »
Hi,

I have not thoroughly analyzed the dump.
But, during the period when I was working on the A201 module, there was an attempt to replace part of the dump (modification) of the American version of SN (7-digits) with the European (8-digits), which did not lead to anything.
The Flash Tool did not accept the SN that I was trying to enter in the "Instrument: DM" field.
There should be a mechanism for calculating the checksum, but I do not know it.
In fact, you have everything to get started with this work.
1358147-0Plus Fluke probably uses serial number ranges for the scopemeter's various models.
Good luck! :)

Offline jasom

• Contributor
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2022, 04:10:24 pm »
Hello, is there some way how indentify serial number from scope? My sticker is missing and I cant do update. Thank You

Offline hugos31

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2022, 03:48:28 pm »
Please, someone explain to me how to update my fluke 196c to 215c. I need it for the can bus measurement...

Offline alpher

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2022, 10:07:31 pm »
Hi, anyone care to share the latest firmware for 199c ?
Looks like Fluke pulled it from their website, I have one with firmware 7.02 and like to uppgrade to the latest.
Much appreciated.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2022, 08:51:09 pm »
Looks like Fluke pulled it from their website, I have one with firmware 7.02 and like to uppgrade to the latest.
Much appreciated.

attached

The following users thanked this post: alpher

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2022, 08:53:11 pm »
This is a new version of the Li-ion battery pack for Fluke 19x scopemeters.

CORRECTION: the label on the battery pack should have said 6300 mAh. The donor pack was 3s2p, and I tested each PAIR before building the pack, and measured about 4200 each. But then the pack was reconfigured as 2s3p. Sorry about this confusion.

The following users thanked this post: BFX

Offline alpher

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2022, 12:31:17 am »
Much appreciated.

attached
Thx.

Offline calin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2022, 11:46:40 pm »
I just got a 199C ... with a bad keypad (this one seems usual); no battery and no fan.

Battery I got a new one of Amazon, just because I am lazy to make the amazing LiPo one that Feedbackloop has built.

I solved the fan issue with a Noctua NF-A4-X10 40x40mm I had lying around plus a bit of cable cutting. Yeah way too fancy and expensive but it was just sitting thrown in a box. It takes a tad more power than the standard one but I think is OK.

Now the keypad. I confirmed that the scopemeter works on all (most) functions emulating the keypad with a jumper wire .. CAREFULLY !!! and with a steady hand short correct row and column and Bob's your uncle. I found one for about 75$ on the fleabay but sincerely I would rather do the board mod rather than spending 75$ on a piece of paper waiting to go bad again soon. Does anyone has one to sell ? Maybe Feedbackloop  :)

Oh yeah the charger ... By miracle I had a laptop charger with the good voltage in the junk bin; a bit of cable surgery to flip polarity to negative center and put a normal barrel connector on its end and happy camper.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 11:49:28 pm by calin »

Offline EHT

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2022, 09:50:42 pm »
Now the keypad. I confirmed that the scopemeter works on all (most) functions emulating the keypad with a jumper wire .. CAREFULLY !!! and with a steady hand short correct row and column and Bob's your uncle. I found one for about 75$ on the fleabay but sincerely I would rather do the board mod rather than spending 75$ on a piece of paper waiting to go bad again soon. Does anyone has one to sell ? Maybe Feedbackloop  :)
You can check to see if one of the row/column lines is shorted to ground on your keypad foil. If so, you can try to fix this by peeling away the ground plane from the affected track where it bends.

Offline calin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2022, 05:09:25 am »
Yes, I tried but looks like something else has gone crazy on the keypad and I gave up the fight. Anyhow I found this 75$ but it is the board not the foil one - https://www.ebay.com/itm/231220191481 . I pulled the trigger and got one, I hope is not just the board but it comes with a connector and cable. Will let you know.

BTW, for those that want some probes that look like the originals, they are pretty close .. at least in looks and promised performance of 300Mhz; so they should do it OK. One advantage, they don't have the insane price as the original ones - see here https://www.ebay.com/itm/185411884333

« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 05:11:58 am by calin »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2022, 05:20:24 am »
Yes, I tried but looks like something else has gone crazy on the keypad and I gave up the fight. Anyhow I found this 75$ but it is the board not the foil one - https://www.ebay.com/itm/231220191481 . I pulled the trigger and got one, I hope is not just the board but it comes with a connector and cable. Will let you know.

BTW, for those that want some probes that look like the originals, they are pretty close .. at least in looks and promised performance of 300Mhz; so they should do it OK. One advantage, they don't have the insane price as the original ones - see here https://www.ebay.com/itm/185411884333

Post the pictures of this keypad please. I thought that for $75 they have a decent replica of the original.

Offline EHT

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2022, 08:17:12 pm »
Good find. I bought a couple of these Staubli Isoprobes (version II i think) which I believe are the same as the original. Can't see them for a good price now though. The Chinese ones look the same as that

Offline calin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2022, 01:13:02 am »
Yes, I will make a good photo once I get it. I dropped them a message and they did confirm that it comes with connector and flat flex cable. Looks like is the same guy that is behind http://scopemeterrepair.com/
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 01:16:23 am by calin »

Offline dirtcooker

• Contributor
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2022, 03:30:20 am »
Yes, I will make a good photo once I get it. I dropped them a message and they did confirm that it comes with connector and flat flex cable. Looks like is the same guy that is behind http://scopemeterrepair.com/

I just bought one of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/231220191481
It took 10 minutes to install and my Fluke 199C is back up and running. The quality of the key contact board is excellent. Prior to the repair, my 199c powered up, responded to signals on the probes, but did not respond to any other keys except, holding down power and user reset to factory as intended.

Offline minhhvktqs

« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2022, 09:48:16 am »
Hello
I have a Fluke 196C. But it is not working:((
This ram is bad.
Can you help me?
can you send me a file ( gerber....) for Module Ram.
Thanks u so much

Offline dirtcooker

• Contributor
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2022, 07:35:26 pm »
A dedicated programmer for Fluke 19x memory modules was developed including software in C for an Atmel microcontroller and a piece of software in Python to control the programmer from a PC.

fantastic work! I would be grateful if you could post gerbers for the memory modules. Even better if you could make the modules available for sale, perhaps on a kickstarter, and maybe a preprogrammed option too. I would certainly buy one for $100. I just replaced the keypad contacts in my 199c, and now it seems that the memory modules go bad as well. I was under the false assumption that Fluke stuff was indestructible. Given that a comparable fluke 190-202 costs US $5k, it is well worth having a spare module.

Note: to clarify, my 199c is working well now, but it would be nice to have some spare parts for it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 04:09:12 pm by dirtcooker »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2022, 10:52:27 pm »
fantastic work! I would be grateful if you could post gerbers for the memory modules. Even better if you could make the modules available for sale, perhaps on a kickstarter, and maybe a preprogrammed option too. I would certainly buy one for $100. I just replaced the keypad contacts in my 199c, and now it seems that the memory modules go bad as well. I was under the false assumption that Fluke stuff was indestructible. Given that a comparable fluke 190-202 costs US $5k, it is well worth having a spare module.

Do you mean that your module is fine, but you want to have a spare just in case? I doubt this is really necessary. Anything can fail, of course, but I don't think these modules fail often. And if you don't copy your module, but just buy some other random module, it will have different calibration and different serial number.

It would be cool to know how to change serial numbers, and even better to know how to read and write modules right in the scope. Fluke must have some utility for that I am almost sure.

Offline smaultre

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2022, 06:29:44 am »
Can anybody add the double flash dump   "low.bin and high.bin" as  pictired

For 199C  7.xx or any upgradeble to 8.xx flash?
And i need the same for 199B (Black/White LCD).
Start a new life here!!!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2022, 07:09:57 am »
Can anybody add the double flash dump   "low.bin and high.bin" as  pictired

For 199C  7.xx or any upgradeble to 8.xx flash?
And i need the same for 199B (Black/White LCD).

Do you care about calibration and serial number?

Offline smaultre

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2022, 04:15:39 pm »
Hello, no, i don't care, i have a calibration eqip for these.. 
Start a new life here!!!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2022, 04:35:34 pm »
Here is the latest 8.04 version with BusHealth option.
https://github.com/feedbackloopchannel/fluke19x-programmer
You just need to split it into low and high, which can be done in a few lines of, say, Python.

The following users thanked this post: smaultre

Offline smaultre

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2022, 07:01:38 pm »
000FFFF0 - the split?
Start a new life here!!!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2022, 07:12:10 pm »
000FFFF0 - the split?

I don't understand your question, but I guess that you are not sure how to do the splitting.
Here it is attached.

The following users thanked this post: smaultre

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf