Author Topic: Fluke 233  (Read 1369 times)

Offline electron oneTopic starter

Fluke 233
« on: September 24, 2022, 09:16:37 pm »
This meter was dropped and the result is the following: R113 near the positive terminal (Not the display) is missing and the red caution light is always on even in the "Off" position of the meter..  The Volts AC and DC in all ranges seems to work correctly.  The Ohms range is showing 0 as if the leads are shorted together.  There might be more issues than that.  I was hoping to find a schematic online.  If anybody can tell me the value of R113, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jeff

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke 233
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 01:47:45 pm »
From the pictures on https://fccid.io/T68-F233/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-Base-1235082 it’s labeled 01C, which is 10K ohms in EIA-96 resistor code.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 01:50:57 pm by tooki »

Offline colourlessgreenideas

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 12:13:35 pm »
This meter was dropped and the result is the following: R113 near the positive terminal (Not the display) is missing and the red caution light is always on even in the "Off" position of the meter..  The Volts AC and DC in all ranges seems to work correctly.  The Ohms range is showing 0 as if the leads are shorted together.  There might be more issues than that.  I was hoping to find a schematic online.  If anybody can tell me the value of R113, I would appreciate it.

Yes, it's 10k. It's the base resistor for the Q103 which drives the LED. If it's missing, the LED should be off all the time, which tells me you have more problems.
There is no schematic online to my knowledge.

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 12:48:30 pm »

Yes, it's 10k. It's the base resistor for the Q103 which drives the LED. If it's missing, the LED should be off all the time, which tells me you have more problems.
There is no schematic online to my knowledge.

Could it be the IR photo sensor for the probes on the amp position is also FUBAR?

As a safety feature it should be a normally closed (signal always on) and if the bean is broken (or the emitter dies) opens the circuit and the light turns on.

Offline colourlessgreenideas

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 03:33:22 am »
Could it be the IR photo sensor for the probes on the amp position is also FUBAR?
As a safety feature it should be a normally closed (signal always on) and if the bean is broken (or the emitter dies) opens the circuit and the light turns on.
The 233 does not have a lead detection circuit (optical or electrical). Maybe you are thinking of the 287/289.

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 04:34:57 am »
The 233 does not have a lead detection circuit (optical or electrical). Maybe you are thinking of the 287/289.

Thought it had. I don't own a 233, but a 289 and a 87V and both have lead detection, the 289 optical and the 87V if I'm not mistaken by measuring the resistance between the two halves of the banana jack.

So that's why I said what I said. But in this case, the 233 indicator is for hazardous voltage present if I'm not mistaken.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2022, 04:59:09 pm »
According to the manual, the 233 simply flashes “LEAD” on the display when switching to amps mode as a simple reminder to switch jacks. Doesn’t seem it has any intelligence.

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2022, 06:50:57 am »
According to the manual, the 233 simply flashes “LEAD” on the display when switching to amps mode as a simple reminder to switch jacks. Doesn’t seem it has any intelligence.

Yeah,  I also read the manual. When I replied previously I was on mobile and didn't downloaded the manual. My mistake.

Offline electron oneTopic starter

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 07:52:35 pm »
It's been a while since I have looked at my post.  I kept on looking in my email for the answer.  Thanks for all who help me with this.  I will try to put the proper resister in it sometime in the near future.  I've been so busy.  Anyway, I agree, there most be more problems than that.  Again thanks to all. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf