Author Topic: Fluke 375 clamp meter with large DC current offset  (Read 1112 times)

Offline radioFlash

• Regular Contributor
Fluke 375 clamp meter with large DC current offset
« on: September 23, 2016, 12:16:08 am »
I have a Fluke 375 which is showing a large offset in the DC current mode without any wire or current (see image). The photo was taken while the meter was on a metal chair, but the negative reading doesn't change much if I move it around. I just received this meter so I'm not familiar with how it should normally operate.

Turning it off and on has no effect. The batteries in the meter measure fine. The zero button does nothing when I press it except chirp. The DC V and Ohms mode seem to work correctly. If I do put a DC current (say 1 A), the reading does change to reflect the current, so the meter is detecting a change (the reading changes by 1A). Is this a case of user error and there's a simple way to zero it out, or does it need to be re-calibrated, or is it broken and needs to be fixed?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Online MarkL

• Supporter
Re: Fluke 375 clamp meter with large DC current offset
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 02:13:07 am »
It looks broken to me.

I have the 376 and it starts up with DC offset of 0.4A to 0.5A but goes to 0.0A once the Zero button is pressed.  Yours should do the same.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 04:50:00 am »
This recall notice shouldn't be the cause of your readings (26A offset), but you should check anyway.

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/caen/about/press/digital-clamp-meter-recall

Offline radioFlash

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 09:18:05 pm »
It looks broken to me.

I have the 376 and it starts up with DC offset of 0.4A to 0.5A but goes to 0.0A once the Zero button is pressed.  Yours should do the same.
Thanks for the confirmation, that's what I expected.

Offline radioFlash

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 09:21:06 pm »
This recall notice shouldn't be the cause of your readings (26A offset), but you should check anyway.

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/caen/about/press/digital-clamp-meter-recall
Thanks for the info, interesting to know. And thanks for all the other answers you've given to others when they asked for help too!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf