Author Topic: Repair genuine Imax B6 mini V2  (Read 718 times)

Offline dvd4meTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Repair genuine Imax B6 mini V2
« on: December 29, 2022, 05:46:42 am »
Hello,

This is a short story of repairing the original Imax B6 mini v2. I had burned the main chip megawin because I touched the balancing leads with the soldering iron while it was connected to the PC.
The ground loop fried the MCU, a burned scar was on it. Found one replacement on Ebay and change-it.
There was no apparent other fail and I managed to install the original FW 1.13 using just the usb.
The problem is that it stays stuck on the boot logo.
After many other attempts to find the issue, I found a Turnigy 80W fw on some site that when loaded, actually it passed over the boot logo.
Then I could test using ChargeMaster each cell voltages and it seems the balancing connector measures well all the 6 cells.
The problem comes when I try to charge or discharge any pack.
It gives a "main terminal connection check" sort of thing.
After some more digging, there is a voltage check directly on the battery terminal, and because there is no calibration data it's way off.
I discover this using a variable power supply that around 15V it switches from each cell measurement to Main voltage masurement.
The 2 values were way off, there is something off in the calibration.
I managed to bring the Main voltage down ( it goes directly to the MegaWin chip) in such way to almost match the balance leads measurement and it works with Turnigy FW, it's charging with no error.
This means the SkyRC FW and Turnigy FW is not containing the calibration values and other defaults.
The original Imax B6 FW must have some sort of boot checks and therefore it stops right in the beginning.
I also cannot enter any calibration menu on that Turnigy FW, it seems disabled, so I cannot save any legit calibration data in the megawin MCU.

Does someone know to program some calibration data just using the FW?
Or how to modify the original 1.13 B6 mini FW to skip the initial boot checks and boot up?
If booted, then I can start the calibration menu and write legit values.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 06:05:57 am by dvd4me »

Offline fqahmad66

• Regular Contributor
Re: Repair genuine Imax B6 mini V2
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 05:26:04 pm »
Try this...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 05:28:02 pm by fqahmad66 »

Offline dvd4meTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Repair genuine Imax B6 mini V2
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 02:07:30 am »
Try this...
Thanks for your post but Cheli does not support Megawin chip yet.
I will wait for some other compatible Imax fw to come out, maybe one will boot up ( like the 80w Turnigy does) and have also calibration enabled.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf