Author Topic: SOUND TECHNOLOGY: Need to source a few push button switch plastic caps  (Read 1311 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rosebud41

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 6

I have a SOUND TECHNOLOGY ST1710A Professional Distortion Measurement System, which I am trying to refurbish.   I need two push button switch caps to finish the external renovation.  One is missing and another is chipped.   

As these rectangular capped switches were common on most of their gear, perhaps someone has a junker unit, they could harvest these caps from....I am willing to pay a fair price for a few of these.



Online rdl

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2828
  • Country: us
See if you can figure out who made the switches. They may still be in production and the manufacturer may have usable replacement caps available. If you could post a photo it would help.

Offline German_EE

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2400
  • Country: de
I went through a similar search to you about six months ago, in my case it was a set of knobs for a graphic equalizer because some of them had dropped off and become lost. The manufacturer of the unit went bust years ago so there was no chance of getting spares.

Try and find your local FabLab or Makerspace then 3D print a new set of knobs. My equalizer now looks like new and your distortion measurement system can look the same.
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo