Author Topic: fluke 87-5(V) beeping on me when not set on Amp meassuring  (Read 1691 times)

Offline eevblogfanTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
fluke 87-5(V) beeping on me when not set on Amp meassuring
« on: October 09, 2014, 03:58:39 pm »
Hey

So my dear fluke 87 was exposed to black smoke about half A year ago , i havn't used it ever since , he is beeping when power on , it's clear that was the probe detect , so i cleand with air preassure , and yay !  The beeping has stoped ! , 5 sec after , the beeping  began again ..

I need your help to solve it , since i have no spare time lately , i'll be glad if someone will share with me hes experiance with such A problem , unless , i'll be stuck without my 87 for now .. witch is feeling so bad not to use it ..

Thank you in advance

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Re: fluke 87-5(V) beeping on me when not set on Amp meassuring
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:43:30 pm »
Suggestions.

1) Take a strong bright flashlight and see if there is any debris in the A input jack.

2) Take a qtip dipped with IPA and clean the input jack.

3) Flip the pcb upside down so the backside is exposed.  Measure the resistance of the A split input jack.  It should read 0L (infinite ohms).

I included pictures from modemhead's website for examples.  The two pads circled in red are the solder points for the V/ohm input jack on Fluke 87 series I.  You need to measure the equivalent for the A input jack.

PS. All pictures are from modemhead's website at

http://mrmodemhead.com/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf