Author Topic: Fluke 8840A with a defective front / rear input switch. Advice on repair needed.  (Read 1033 times)

Offline PaceguyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I have a Fluke 8840A that has a broken front / rear input switch. These switches appear to be made up of two 24 pin switches that have been ganged together. The problem with the switch on mine is that the two siwtches have become disconnected from each other. when pushed in and out, the switch closest to the front panel moves back and forth, but the other switch closest to the rear panel will remain in the "rear" position and has to be pushed manually throught the opening at the rear of the switch to reposion it to the "front" position.

I have looked everywhere for a replacement switch. Would anyone have a spare switch? Is there a way to reconnect the two switches? should I just forget having rear inputs and just glue the switch to the front position?

Other than the switch problem, the meter works very good.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
I have donor board I could probably desolder the switch from (or dremel out that part of the circuit), but with shipping from EU to Canada (about €12) it may or may not be worth it for you.

I would consider disconnecting wires from the rear terminals and soldering jumpers over glueing the switch otherwise since that's more easily reversible.

• Regular Contributor
Yes, I would be interested in the switch that's for sure. Even the doner board minus the transformer if you are interested in parting with it. Thanks for anwering my post!

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Okay, send me a DM and we'll take it from there.

• Regular Contributor
I sent you a PM, thanks!

Offline xwarp

• Frequent Contributor
If you buy chance need another board for spare parts, I have one or two.

• Regular Contributor
Hi Xwarp, I sent you a PM.

• Regular Contributor
A big thanks to ALM! He messaged me and came through with the front to rear switch and a couple other parts I needed from a parted out unit that he had on hand. I received everything today and will get my 8840A's up to scratch.
ALM you rock !!!

The following users thanked this post: alm

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf