Author Topic: Fluke 99 Series II Scopemeter Parts  (Read 709 times)

Offline DreadfulGranolaTopic starter

Fluke 99 Series II Scopemeter Parts
« on: January 22, 2022, 01:52:06 am »
So I recently picked up a 99 Series II Scopemeter and I'm wanting to do some work to get it back on its fee- *ahem* probes. The main problems im having are with it's screen.

The screen is fairly readable in the bottom left and center but fades near the top and bottom right corner. Also the backlight is a bit dim. I'm not sure if theres something wrong with the EL pannel itself or if theres something wrong with some components on the board (I guess I could tear it apart and find out  :-//).

I can confidently replace the components that are bad and debug them but the problem I'm having is finding a good and (relatively) inexpensive source for parts. I know I could go on eBay and find a donor scopemeter but I really dont want to spend a mass amount of money on something thats going to become a husk unless i really have to.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline M0HZH

• Regular Contributor
    • QRPblog
Re: Fluke 99 Series II Scopemeter Parts
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 02:28:21 am »
Sounds like the display is at fault. Typically it would be a display module that includes the actual screen plus a PCB with driver/interfacing and sometimes they're available on ebay / Aliexpress if you search for the part number. I have the Fluke 867B which is from the same era and it is known for similar display issues, it's not excluded it might use the same display (867B displays are relatively easy to source).

Offline DreadfulGranolaTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 02:50:38 am »
I just checked it out and I couldn't find any parts using a part number (the ordering number is all I could find for the parts) or by using the name of the part in the service manual.
Noting on eBay or AliExpress  :(

Offline KRISTOFFER

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 08:26:02 pm »
Clean the 3 elastomers but be warned that once you remove them it can be quite tricky to get them back into alignement. Could be someone has already replaced the screen in the past and not adjusted the position relative to the circuit board. Have a look at the top corners of the display unit and you will see two adjustment screws. They are deliberately off center so you can theoretically position the LCD in esactly the right position by rotating them with a flat blade screwdriver.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf