Author Topic: HP8596E no signal in input  (Read 854 times)

Offline hnjmklTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
HP8596E no signal in input
« on: December 12, 2021, 09:01:46 am »
P8596E no input signal, only atocal level is performed correctly. By passing the attenuator entering the first converter with a few millivolts 300 MHz, the autocal continues to reply no signal, I ask what exact value in mV it must have at the input to perform the autocal in frequency, in case the problem lies in the first converter module , do I have any chance of being able to locate the fault? Do I have big problems getting into the circuit of the first converter?

Online Wallace Gasiewicz

• Super Contributor
Re: HP8596E no signal in input
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 10:55:44 pm »
I have not worked on this unit, but since no one else has replied, I will take a guess.
The boards in the aluminum cases are surface mount and the first board probably contains a preamp and a mixer followed by another amp.
I would think that the sensing circuitry for the input signal is not directly from the input but from the IF signal somewhere close to the first mixer, on the IF freq. I really do not know this unit however.
The input signal is mixed there with the Local Oscillator frequency and makes the IF for further processing.
If you open it up you can check the various components. The covers come off with multiple screws. If there are discrete transistors (not MMICs) involved check with a multimeter
You can check if you have a Local Oscillator (LO) frequency present at the mixer. You can check if you have the test frequency there also.
You can also check if the test frequency goes through the attenuator.

Perhaps join Groups.io and try this group, maybe someone there has experience with this particular unit.

https://groups.io/g/HP-Agilent-Keysight-equipment/messages

Wally

Offline hnjmklTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: HP8596E no signal in input
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 06:30:49 am »
thank you for your suggestion

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf