Author Topic: Fluke Scopemeter 123 not triggering  (Read 1512 times)

Offline electrongeekTopic starter

• Contributor
Fluke Scopemeter 123 not triggering
« on: December 14, 2015, 02:05:50 pm »
This was working fine until recently. First clue something was wrong was the capacitance function no longer worked, but it still seemed to trigger normally, at least on the 120V signals most recently viewed on channel A. It was put away for a bit, but now will not trigger on A or B at all despite seeing free running waveforms on the screen.

Per the service manual, I checked TP156 and TP256 (from the trigger ASIC). Neither shows the sine output expected for channels A or B under test conditions. The SM says this indicates that the trigger ASIC is bad. I can't imagine what could have taken both channel trigger ASICs out.

The capacitance function uses the trigger ASIC so no surprise it is non-functional.

So, any ideas? If the ASICS are bad, I'm sure Fluke repair will be more costly  than makes sense to spend on the thing. [emoji45]

Offline rklan

• Contributor
Re: Fluke Scopemeter 123 not triggering
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 11:46:45 am »
I have the exact same thing.
In the past, I used the capacitance mode and did not have any problems with triggering.
Today, triggering fails. It only works on free-run. Both channels, also.
I tried to use the capacitance test, but this fails also.
So, like I said, similar to your problem.
Did you solve this?

Regards Remco

Offline electrongeekTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Fluke Scopemeter 123 not triggering
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 12:30:29 am »
No I did not solve the problem or get it fixed. Fluke wanted an exorbitant amount to repair the unit. Instead I spent less than that on a far more capable Micsig portable scope, which has worked very well for me. The reasons to buy Fluke are stated to be support and reliability, but neither turned out to be such for me, and I plan to avoid future disappointments by not buying Fluke!

Chip

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf