Author Topic: Fluke ScopeMeter 190 Series II - not powering on  (Read 544 times)

Offline eduaqaTopic starter

Fluke ScopeMeter 190 Series II - not powering on
« on: November 26, 2022, 08:52:43 pm »
I have a fluke 190-204 that I use very few.
Last time I used was around 6 months ago.
Surprisedly yesterday I tried to power it on and nothing happens.
Initially I thought that was the battery because was 6 months without usage, but after leaving with the charger for 10 hours, still nothing happens when I power it on.
Also I tried I removed the battery and tried to power using the power supply and nothing
Power supply measure about 20V on the connector (without connecting to the Scope)
Battery has 5 PINS - T C D + (not exactly in this order) but I know that the outside PINs are - + , and when measure between those pins just get 2.8V, but as it has the C D (what I believe is clock and data), maybe the battery itself needs some "commands" to put the power on + - Pins
Unfortunately the Service Manual for this model is limited to calibration process, there not a single flow to follow to debug the problem (the old 190 series was perfect for this situation, there was a lot of step to follow)
Any idea that can help me are welcome.

Offline asis

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fluke ScopeMeter 190 Series II - not powering on
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 02:48:25 am »
Hi,

The presence of T-thermal C-clock D-data pins indicates that there is a Texas Instrument BMS controller in the battery pack.
You can see its type only by opening the block or someone will tell you who has already encountered it.
Deep battery discharge caused the SMBusb interface to stop responding.
To revive it - you need to get to the batteries and charge them from a laboratory power source.
It will probably take some procedure to turn on the MOSFET's.
The topic is quite extensive, requiring the development of BatteryManagementStudio and the accompanying forum.

Offline asis

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fluke ScopeMeter 190 Series II - not powering on
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 11:19:17 pm »
Example:

Fluke DSP4300(network) pack: BP7235 NiMH 3500mAh 7.2V Gas Gauge IC bq2012

https://datasheetspdf.com/datasheet/search.php?sWord=bq2012

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf