Author Topic: Gencomm GC7106A -no display of noise and signal- how it solve  (Read 480 times)

Offline copycatTopic starter

Hi all,
Two weeks ago I charging battery in my GC 7106, and after turn on,  I noticed  that the noise is not displayed on the screen. When you press the auto scale button, device is doing "click- click-click" by internal relay, and after delay shows a error: Invalid value (-170dBm <= Ref Level <= 130dBm).
I try use demodulation AM/FM, and have not any sound.   
Device too have second port for measured VSWR, I cheked it and no have any measured data,  signal level reflection always min (-65dBm), no phase data.       
It errors present for full range, and for any parts. All supply voltages is ok and present. No any disconnect wire e.t.c. 
I have no another spectrum analyser, and I have no any parameter last IF (like freq, min\max lvl, etc), before ADC (AD6645) . From RF module gouse signal "FFT path" to ADC, and tuner (FFT path-> ADC (AD6645)-> Tuner (CG1012B) make IQ quadrature- > to SPARTAN-> to internal PC ).   
I sent signal from signal generator to Spectrum RF In, and measure by Power meter signal from IF (connected directly to "FFT path" ).  I set F centr 1500MHz, span 100MHz,and on signal gen. F=1500Mhz,lvl -10dBm, no  mod., and saw on Power meter  like this- first noise ~-50dbm, next second -10dBm, next -40, next -50dBm, and and so on in a circle. In fact, I see noise floor, than my signal (-10dBm), than noise floor again. I try different input RF power lvl (from 0 to -40dBm), and IF show it level in fine accuracy. 
If I send 0dDm then power meter  (connected directly to "FFT path" ) show 0 dbm, If send -10dBm  then -10dBm, ... send -40  on FFtPath -40dbm. All it accompanied by sound works relays. On RF module present out from Log detector ad8362 (before FFT path), and it present any voltige, which match the readings of my power meter. 
I make a concluse, that RF from RF in  to last IF (FFT path ) works ok, and trouble not an RF module but in ADC or\and digital calculation. The reference signal (10MHz ) is present, to ADC is coming signal ~82MHz from PLL, and it stable freq.   
I would like to check the ADC, but I do not know the level that can be applied to it, and the frequency. There is an idea to roughly determine the IF frequency by USB-rtl stick (or in another way), and send the signal from the signal generator directly to the ADC. Or in some way to check the operation of the ADC.
Is the old tuner chip (cg1012b) is probably only used to receive a quadrature signal, how can you check if it works?
Or am I going down the wrong path?     
YTO module has is really  hi temperature, is it ok?
The case was two unbroken Gencomm stickers, and inside mainboard dirty on flux, I clear it.
I read nearest topic about jd745 repair, and now things may be I have software problem.
I will be grateful for your attention to my problem, and suggestions for solving it . 

Offline copycatTopic starter

Re: Gencomm GC7106A -no display of noise and signal- how it solve
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 02:16:37 pm »
I added pictures  IF ADC  and RF&IF 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf