Author Topic: GTX 1070 AERO 8GB No post Cpu fan spin 1 cm  (Read 782 times)

Offline CAPSBOYTopic starter

GTX 1070 AERO 8GB No post Cpu fan spin 1 cm
« on: February 07, 2023, 08:14:47 pm »
Hi
My Aero I acquired in a lot of cards has a lovely no power issue, when inserted the CPU will spin for a sec and nothing else,
Could it be the fuse that's blown ??
No burn marks on card that I can see,

Photos of card enclosed.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 08:31:40 pm by CAPSBOY »

Offline simba15

• Regular Contributor
Re: GTX 1070 AERO 8GB No post Cpu fan spin 1 cm
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 09:19:36 pm »
Test for shorts on the power rails?

Usually If a GPU was giving me issues I would re-flow the GPU and it has solved many issue in the past ( but this is only when the card boots and has issues with display)

Best of luck.

The following users thanked this post: CAPSBOY

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 09:24:06 pm »

Usually If a GPU was giving me issues I would re-flow the GPU and it has solved many issue in the past ( but this is only when the card boots and has issues with display)

Best of luck.

Thanks for that .. yeah I think I’ll get my multimeter out and test for shorts .. might be something small pulling down the voltage and making the card short the motherboard
Cheers

Any more help please comment below

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 10:59:01 am »
And I cleaned and put in to Test and …… smoke and sparks ⚡️

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 11:15:36 am »

Best of luck.
Hell no. It worked only on some older GPUs which failed internally and heating brought them back to life temporarily. On 1070 reballing only works on graphics cards which were dropped and more likely that solder under RAM will fail first. Baking these series is a very dumb way how to make useless trash out of repairable graphics card. Fuses even when fail, they don't do it by themselves. If there is a blown fuse, you're up to something more serious. First thing you need to do is check power rail resistances to GND.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 11:19:38 am »
Looks like there was a shorted ceramic cap which was very easy and cheap to replace. But now it's probably a PCB burned through he layers. Clean that and post a photo of how bad it is.
might be something small pulling down the voltage and making the card short the motherboard
You are not supposed to power a graphics card which makes computer to turn off unless you want to cause more damage.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 11:23:10 am by wraper »

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 11:35:28 am »
Looks like there was a shorted ceramic cap which was very easy and cheap to replace. But now it's probably a PCB burned through he layers. Clean that and post a photo of how bad it is.
might be something small pulling down the voltage and making the card short the motherboard
You are not supposed to power a graphics card which makes computer to turn off unless you want to cause more damage.

yeah dumb move by me but I had a feeling it might live after a clean .. silly me  |O.. I can pull it off with my hot air station and retake pics
Cheers

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf