Author Topic: Hameg 103 oscilloscope  (Read 238 times)

Offline gearheadgeek

• If its not broken still tear it apart
Hameg 103 oscilloscope
« on: October 21, 2019, 07:23:32 pm »
Hello EEVblog Im a long time reader and now a first time poster. I have acquired a Hameg 103 10 mhz scope and I cleaned it up and checking it over and went to calibrate the scope and probe and read the manual after downloaded it and by no means am i pro at this I just like to tinker and I run into a issue I have never seen before the instruction  says to set the scope to 5 mv Y-AMPL and the timebase to 0.2 ms and should get about 4cm taken on the screen thats  right but my traces are fat and when i press on the case they become normal. Im gong to try to include a video if i can. some help in the right direction would be most helpful https://youtu.be/ZTfveKgK22w
I put a link to youtube I dont know if i can do this so please forgive in advance

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: Hameg 103 oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 07:54:59 pm »
I can't view the video, it says it's private.

If pressing on the case causes the trace to change then it sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere, I can't really tell you more without knowing more details.

Offline gearheadgeek

• If its not broken still tear it apart
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 08:23:37 pm »
Hello james try it again  I think i change my youtube correctly that was the very first video i uploaded i unchecked all the settings i think

Offline shakalnokturn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 10:50:23 pm »
Looks like a weak contact somewhere on the focus adjustment.
Study schematic to get some idea of what components are involved, remove cover then try to figure-out which of those components get mechanical stress once you push down.
Also try prodding around with a dry chopstick.
Beware high voltage.

The following users thanked this post: gearheadgeek

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 11:16:18 pm »
I strongly suspect you've got a cracked solder joint in there and pressing on the case is flexing the PCB. You're gonna have to open it up and see what you can find.

The following users thanked this post: gearheadgeek

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf