Author Topic: Hameg HM8118 repair  (Read 3407 times)

Offline TRNTopic starter

• Supporter
Re: Hameg HM8118 repair
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2023, 07:35:21 pm »
Ok here is a little update about the LCD saga of the HM8118.

I sourced everywhere, and this LCD is really unobtainable. I contacted all the Varitronix subsidiaries around the world (now BOE Varitronix), most of them did not even reply, but I got some response from the Netherlands.
They mentioned that they only can supply this with production volumes (i.e in the thousands).
Also none of the Chinese LCD manufacturers in Shenzhen I contacted can supply this, except one who would charge me 1250US$ for opening and modifying the LCD production matrix.
This supplier also mentioned that the production cost ex factory is +/- 3.5 US$ per piece.
Also tried all companies worldwide which repair/refurbish Hameg equipment, but also they could not supply the LCD.
What I don't understand is, that if these repair companies need to replace an LCD, where do they get it from? fore sure they don't order these in production quantities.
Enough sorrow for now, until I have some more updates (if any) |O

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2023, 09:20:50 pm »
means  Hameg must have some leftovers in stock until they get no longer available ....

that's why you may shell a lot of $$$   to get it repaired and calibrated ....   it's your last chance ?

Offline TRNTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2023, 08:04:09 pm »
means  Hameg must have some leftovers in stock until they get no longer available ....

that's why you may shell a lot of $$$   to get it repaired and calibrated ....   it's your last chance ?

Or maybe not ;D

I bought myself an Andonstar Microscope for Christmas, and had a closer look at the LCD. and I found that flex-trace 29 & 30 had a hairline crack next to the 30 pin conector. After fixing this, the LCD is back to 100% working condition :-+
Now I need to fix some other issues, because the previous owner really hacked around in this unit.

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix, adinsen

Offline rob040

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2023, 10:04:00 pm »
Wow, well done!  :-+ Saves a lot of money.  ;D
Beautiful instrument!

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2023, 12:35:39 am »
 :-+ :-+

Offline p.larner

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2023, 08:19:05 pm »
cool outcome on a nice piece of kit,what model addonis microscope did you buy,have you the link or seller details?,cheers+73

Offline TRNTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2023, 08:50:00 pm »
I bought a Andonstar AD409 Pro-ES HDMI Digital Microscope with 10.1" LCD.
Regular price was €449.00, but Elektor.com has promotion with a 33% discount so €299.00

Here is the link: https://www.elektor.com/andonstar-ad409-pro-es-hdmi-digital-microscope-with-10-1-lcd-screen-incl-endoscope

Regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf