Author Topic: DPO70804 OS restore  (Read 182 times)

Offline Earendil

• Regular Contributor
DPO70804 OS restore
« on: December 01, 2019, 07:44:43 pm »
Hello,

I purchased a used Tektronix DPO70804 oscilloscope without a hard disk and without any OS restore media. I also managed to purchase a MSO70000 Series Operating System Windows XP Embedded Recovery Media DVD which I hoped to work with my DPO70804 however I get the following error message when I try to boot from it:

"Starting Acronis Loader... Unable to proceed. A non-To Be Filled By O.E.M. system found. This software can be used only on To Be Filled By O.E.M. computers. Press <Enter> to reboot..."

It's not clear if this means that this software will only work with a specific type of hard disk or it means that this DVD is not compatible with my oscilloscope. In any case I managed to restore the included .TIB file with Acronis True Image 2020 on my PC to a hard drive. I managed to boot from it but unfortunately Windows XP cannot find and install certain drivers (it keeps asking for them, like Video driver, SM Bus, etc). Some of the included Tektronix drivers seems to work though (touchscreen works for example). I also managed to install the firmware (TekScope) to this Windows XP and it even seems to work to a certain extent (I can see some waveforms). However the problem is that the physical knobs doesn't work on my scope.

Has anybody seen and managed to fix the Acronis error I mentioned?

Can somebody share a working restore image please?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:59:43 pm by Earendil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf