Author Topic: Help Id two IC's  (Read 1463 times)

Offline vsboostTopic starter

• Contributor
Help Id two IC's
« on: October 08, 2018, 11:56:16 pm »
Hi Gang,

Could anybody please help ID these two IC's, they are from two separate keyfob transmitters, i cant find any info/datasheets for them.

I believe they are manufactured by motorola and are tssop-16 packages.

Cheers

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Help Id two IC's
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 12:44:55 am »
I think they are proprietary chips, every google search numbers  gives false / shitty links ....

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 12:47:49 am »
Thanks for trying, seems like many keyfobs have these proprietary chips in them.

Offline SMdude

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 01:31:56 am »
Are you sure it is the IC you need?
Is there a crystal oscillator? And if so is it working?

What is the problem with the FOB's?

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 01:39:40 am »
The IC's are fine, i was just curious about the parts in question and how they work and are programmed etc..  One of the fobs does have a problem the OOK data is being emitted from the IC and makes its way down to the resonator however after that i believe there might be a problem with the output power transistor because i cant receive any RF (using a SDR to test)  What i did notice was when i probed a resistor with my tweezers i could see the OOK RF data on the SDR very low power, the tweezers were probably acting like an antenna i suspect.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 06:16:11 am »
Post a pic of the full board?

I've had similar problems with GM/Opel keyfobs, turned out to be the RFM1000 module in mine but I 'fixed' it by cloning the fob.

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 02:30:34 am »
Here are the pics.

One of the via's was corroded, had to run a jumper through and run to the 104 resistor that connects to the IC, once this was done the fob leds started blinking again.

The 393 resistor near the p21 transistor seemed to have a crack on it that's why it looks funny as i removed it to inspect it better, it measured fine and was put back in.

When i was probing with tweezers around that area i could see the RF signal on the SDR it was very weak however, which leads me to believe the signal was getting to that p21 transistor which i can only assume is being used as an amplifier, but now i cant even get it to do that, must have killed something in the process.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf