Electronics > Repair

Help Me Identify These Resistors (bands discolored)

(1/1)

HooRide:
Hi All, I have a Velodyne subwoofer (SPL8) that I'm refurbishing for a friend.

I'd like to replace these two resistors 'just in case' but I'm not trusting the reading I'm getting from them considering the torture they've been through for the last 10 years.

Any help reading the values based off the (discolored) bands and also an approximate of the wattage would be a great help.

R3 reads 16.22k and R4 reads 18.26k

Thanks!

ledtester:
I would just contact Velodyne:

Go to https://www.velodyneacoustics.com/en/manuals-and-documents/

and scroll down to "Got any questions? Contact Us".

To me they both look like 18K resistors: brown - grey - black - red with a tolerance of brown (1%). I'd guesstimate the wattage to be 5W.

The best way to measure them is to first desolder one leg. Otherwise other circuit components can affect your resistance measurement.

abdulbadii:
measure onboard ie. insitu ?
do re-measure it off-board

--- Quote from: HooRide on June 27, 2022, 09:32:30 pm ---...Resistors (bands discolored)

--- End quote ---
not discolor but a bit on red or orange - ? - of R4:
brown
gray
black

orange
180 x 1000 =  180k
or red 180 x 100 =  18k

R3
brown
white
black

red
190 x 100 = 19k

HooRide:
I definitely measured off-board. I've reached out to Velodyne, thanks for the suggestion. I had forgotten some companies are actually happy to help their customers.

If they don't get back to me, I do believe they are either 18k or 19k, thanks for the extra set of eyes!

vk6zgo:
They look a bit like fusible resistors, but the high apparent values counter indicates that.
They are evidently "special" in some way, judging from the silkscreen rectangles on the board.

Yes, Certainly 3W if not 5w.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version