Author Topic: Help Trouble Shooting Rigol DS1102E White Display  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Vietk123

• Contributor
Help Trouble Shooting Rigol DS1102E White Display
« on: August 12, 2016, 03:28:29 am »
I recently bought a broken Rigol DS1102E off ebay. The unit turn on but have white screen on the display. I been doing research on how to go about and find the problem and maybe get a solution to fix my unit. I am totally new to electronic repair and need all the expert guidance. I found this site for schematic, http://rigol.codenaschen.de/index.php/Schematics . Hopefully this is the right schematic for Rigol DS1102E. Anyone here have seen the white display problem and point me in the right direction or what should test for?  My first repair I can document and at lease have this for others with the same problem.

Offline singapol

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Help Trouble Shooting Rigol DS1102E White Display
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 04:44:02 pm »
First check the power supply voltages. If all is present then do a visual inspection for burned or charred areas
and components.Lastly look for cold solder joints ( reheat with iron) or cracked ones. It's obvious that there is no signal to the video circuits so where is the fault?

Offline Vietk123

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 06:21:03 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply singapol. I really appreciate it. I just found out today that the unit is still under warranty till 2017 so the person at Rigol is sending me a RMA to send it in for repair at the company. I really wanted to repair this but gonna take the safer route of send it in since its still under warranty.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 06:46:25 pm »
Congrats on it still being under warranty. Good thing you checked.
I TEA.

Offline Vietk123

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 07:40:28 pm »
Yeah the cool thing about this was they can check your serial number and see if its under warranty so i strongly suggest contacting manufacture first before any repair for future preference.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 09:53:44 pm »
Yes, some manufacturers have warranty search capability right on their web site.
I TEA.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf