Author Topic: Help with a PCMCIA port not working anymore on an Amiga 1200  (Read 1253 times)

Offline amigaloverTopic starter

Hi all!

I follow the youtube channel, and did realize only now that there is also a site and a forum; way to go Dave!

I have an ancient A1200, from Commodore. It is the PAL version, and after so many years I decided to take the motherboard out, due to lack of space, to make a smaller desktop unit.

Unlucky for me; while moving the board in the new case, I forgot to remove the PCMCIA-to-CF adaptor from the board, and this caused a damage to the PCMCIA plastic guides. I did use superglue to fix the broken piece of plastic, but the PCMCIA port does not see anymore any CF card; and often it reboot the Amiga.

I do not see anything broken on the mainboard; so I am not sure what did I damage when I broke the plastic tab of the PCMCIA port. Does anyone have any suggestion about what to look for? I am handy with electronics, I did build kits, but I am in no way a hardware technician, so if you could suggest me what to look for and where; it would really be appreciated :)

From a previous conversation with another Amiga fan, he suggested to check the connection points on the motherboard, going from the PCMCIA connector, with the multimeter, but he never told me what to look for...like for specific voltage? For connectivity?

Thanks in advance!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf