Author Topic: Need Help in repairing Fluke F179 due to battery leak  (Read 100 times)

Offline HoySum

Need Help in repairing Fluke F179 due to battery leak
« on: July 16, 2019, 02:22:15 pm »
Hi, i have a Fluke 179 damaged due to battery leaked and cause some damage to the pcb track and missing one or two smd device. Maybe a resistor, jumper or capacitor.
The damage is located below the COM input terminal. Near a SMD transistor. The transistor look intact but with some components destroyed by corrosion. It would be most appreciated if you gurus can help me with this issue, Identification of dmd parts and the midding pcb track.
Attached is the picture i took.
Thanks in advance.

Offline paul8f

• Contributor
Re: Need Help in repairing Fluke F179 due to battery leak
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 02:47:54 pm »
Ouch... that looks nasty. Not familiar with the Fluke 179, but I'm guessing the nearest terminal post is COM.

Like any product there are different revisions of PCBs and TLAs (Top Level Assembly). What Rev is your model? Get some IPA to that nearby transistor, and tell us what the exact marking on the component case is.

A schematic from the 'Service Manual', or even the BOM (Bill of Materials) would be a great help for your detective work on this.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Re: Need Help in repairing Fluke F179 due to battery leak
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 03:23:33 pm »
Service manual with schematic and bill of materials via Mark

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/fluke-77-repair-184173/msg2382876/#msg2382876

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf