Author Topic: Copper Mesh Tube fell out of Digital Tek Scope  (Read 1085 times)

Offline dzarrenTopic starter

• Contributor
Copper Mesh Tube fell out of Digital Tek Scope
« on: April 16, 2018, 05:28:51 am »
I had this TDS 210 Tek scope, and it had a wonky display, it would show static-y horizontal lines. I thought maybe the LCD display might just have been poorly connected so i went in with the plan of opening up the scope and wiggling that. It was much harder to get in than i thought, but this was just because I didn't know how to get it apart. I ended up snapping a couple retention clips, but it's okay.

It turned out i couldnt actually get to the screen connector, it was hidden away quite deep into the scope, I could only access the power section. I removed the connections i could get to and sprayed some contact cleaner, and reseated the connections.

At some point this copper mesh tube fell out of the scope and I cant figure out where it goes. But i forgot about it as i was assembling back the scope, and it scope turned on and appears to be working fine, it seems fixed.

Where does this tube go? does it even belong? should I worry since it works now? Perhaps it never belonged and it was actually shorting something inside maybe causing the issue to start with? thanks!

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Copper Mesh Tube fell out of Digital Tek Scope
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 05:55:24 am »
You can see where the braid fits here:
https://youtu.be/PHB2XC_l7Eg?t=151
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: alm

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
Re: Copper Mesh Tube fell out of Digital Tek Scope
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:34:29 am »