Author Topic: HP 6186C transformer voltage  (Read 242 times)

Online cncjerryTopic starter

• Supporter
HP 6186C transformer voltage
« on: March 26, 2024, 03:43:13 am »
Hi,
I have an HP 6186C in great shape except the high voltage winding is open.  There are two versions of the manual online.  One is nice and clear without the schematic.  The other is a poor scan with the schematic.  I need the voltage of the high voltage secondary winding.  Also, there seems to be another winding used to reduce the ripple though I can't tell from the schematic. I have to open it back up.  It has really nice meters, I got it for free and was very disappointed to find the winding disconnected and open.

Anyone have a good scan of the schematic?  Just the transformer area would do.  I would like to figure out a repair for this thing as I can use the high voltage for testing displays.  I doubt rewinding the transformer would be easy, if possible at all.   The reference supply seems ok.  I'll need to debug the high voltage doubler to make sure that there isn't a short on that side that opened the winding.

thanks

Jerry

Offline Wallace Gasiewicz

• Super Contributor
Re: HP 6186C transformer voltage
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 10:48:15 am »
http://artekmanuals.com/manuals/hp-manuals/
They have good copies especially schematics
NO "C" but:
Hewlett Packard6186BOperating, Service

Online factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 01:47:49 pm »
A manual can be found at Keysight, it's not great quality though; https://www.keysight.com/gb/en/support/6186C/current-source.html

David

Online cncjerryTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 07:12:51 am »
You cant see the writing on the schematic on the keysight.  Artek - I dont feel like paying but I'll take a look.

Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf