Author Topic: HP 6268B High Voltage at start can set voltage  (Read 200 times)

Offline BileegTopic starter

HP 6268B High Voltage at start can set voltage
« on: March 03, 2024, 07:57:28 pm »
I have a 6268B that was originally setup in 208 but I was able to configure to 230VDC but can't get it to set in constant voltage or current mode like described in the manual. All the jumpers are in across the terminals as recommended from the factory in normal mode as well. But when I disconnect one of the sensing leads The unit will drive to max voltage. Just as a test I placed a 12 vdc motor on the output as a load and the motor began to ramp up. the only way to control the output was to turn the over voltage screw counterclockwise but it did not go to zero just limited to 15 volts/3 Amps and the Over voltage light did not come on.
Was able to get it to work in partial constant current mode but still cannot set constant voltage mode. When first turning on voltage spikes to full voltage and does not respond to voltage pots.
All jumpers are installed as suggested from factory including sensing leads. When rotating OverVoltage adjustment it only partially limits the voltage and starts bouncing around 20 volts. Not sure where the issue is
Not sure what the issue is since I am just a novice at this kind of stuff. Thanks!

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
Re: HP 6268B High Voltage at start can set voltage
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 02:04:19 pm »
Somewhere is a constant voltage comparator.
Its input must have a value from voltage controls.

That same input may have an overvoltage connection from other direction.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf