Author Topic: HP 8510 VNA interconnect cables pinout  (Read 751 times)

Offline wojciechTopic starter

HP 8510 VNA interconnect cables pinout
« on: September 20, 2021, 04:41:44 pm »
Does anyone of happy owners of the 8510 VNA would be so kind and helpful and check by ohm meter what is the pinout of 08510-60101 (IF-Display) and 08510-60102 (S-parameter test set) interconnect cables? (if this is 1:1 i.e. pin1->pin1, pin2->pin2 etc or maybe some different pinout...) I own both display and detector units but unfortunately without any interconnect cables. 08510-60101 cable is pure digital so I suppose it should be relatively easy to make it by myself (90$ is just ridiculous price for such cable). 08510-60102 cable is much more complicated (mixed signal DSUB) since it consists also RF coax lines but finally I think I could eventually also make it by myself since mixed signal DSUB connectors are available on the market.
I would be very, very grateful if someone could send me that information. I couldn't find it anywhere. I also read that there was never service manual (at component level) published for that 8510 VNA so I don't think there is any other place where I could find that. I was aslo asking for that information one of the test equipment sellers, unfortunately without success (probably even know why)
Best regards,
Wojciech

Offline simmconn

• Regular Contributor
Re: HP 8510 VNA interconnect cables pinout
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 06:26:49 am »
The IF-Display cable is one-to-one. The CLIP of the 8510A/B IF, 85101A display and test set boxes are available, in both hard copy and  pdf. I’ve not seen a CLIP for the 85101C display box.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 03:14:26 pm »
Hi simmconn,
Thanks a lot for information about IF-Display cable. That's great! Would you be also so kind and could check 08510-60102 cable? :)
Sorry for my not complete understanding - by "CLIP" you mean "component level service manual"? I was looking for that but I couldn't find it anywhere (google, ebay). I only have these from great ko4bb site. There is however no service manual with component level schematics...
Best regards
Wojciech

Offline MarkL

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 05:03:15 pm »
Artek Manuals looks like it has the full set of 8510A manuals for USD$20:

http://artekmanuals.com/manuals/hp-manuals/

You can ask them before purchasing if it's unclear what you need is included.

They have excellent quality scans.  No relation;  just a satisfied customer.

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 01:23:07 pm »
Hi MarkL,
Thanks a lot for additional information. Looks like Artek Manuals has indeed 8510A full manual, but actually I have 8510B version which was released 3 years after 8510A so I will probably search for 8510B version (probably only hard copy version is nowadays available, but I will need to make sure there are component level schematics).
BTW SM from ko4bb site which I previously mentioned is actually "HP 8510C On Site Service Manual" so probably that's the reason why there is no component level schematics.
Best regards,
Wojciech

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf