Author Topic: HP 8594A Spectrum Analyzer  (Read 458 times)

Offline GhastlyTopic starter

HP 8594A Spectrum Analyzer
« on: March 17, 2024, 01:04:44 am »
Hello. Recently I had bought my first spectrum analyzer to learn RF stuff. I had plugged in the cal out to RF in. Nothing was showing up so I hit the cal button and still nothing. I factory reset the configuration and still nothing. I plugged my scope to cal out and yet I saw the waveform. My error is SRQ110 and signal not found. Are those gold connectors that do not have any cable attached suppose to have them? I'm completely new to this stuff and I don't even know where the rf input cable connects to. Any help is appreciated. Please see photos for references. Thank you all.

Offline 807

• Regular Contributor
Re: HP 8594A Spectrum Analyzer
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 06:44:52 pm »
Can you measure the frequency of the cal out on the scope? The resolution of your photo isn't quite high enough for my old eyes to see. The label on the cal out socket should tell you what it should be (probably 300MHz @ -20dBm). Your scope won't have the bandwidth for an accurate level reading, but should still give an accurate frequency reading. (You might need to use the cursors if it doesn't give you a frequency readout).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 06:48:08 pm by 807 »

Offline Michael-VK2BEA

• Contributor
Re: HP 8594A Spectrum Analyzer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 06:53:10 pm »
A common problem is the switched attenuator.
First off, I would try selecting manual attenuation setting and then change the attenuation to exercise the relays. (just switch from 0 to 70dB up and down a few times).
If that doesn't give you a clue (you might see signal on 20dB that you don't see on 10dB if the 10dB attenuator or switch is bad).

Michael

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf