Author Topic: hp cp1515n laserjet issues  (Read 213 times)

Offline p.larnerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
hp cp1515n laserjet issues
« on: February 28, 2024, 05:07:31 am »
I have the hp cp1515n laser printer,its stopped working on my pc,it works ok on an old lappy runing xpsp3 but in win 10 on my desktop give errors and wont print,the troubleshooter just says printer error!,ive renewed the cable and reinstalled the win 10 drivers but still no fix,any ideas?,i dont want to replace the printer as i have spare toners,when it works its a good printer,i am at my wits end help!.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Re: hp cp1515n laserjet issues
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 08:27:38 am »
Sadly Win10 updated drivers most likely, and the new drivers are not working with the printer. Best bet is to download the Win8 drivers, and force Win10 to use them, which will likely work. I have not bought printers or scanners recently, only getting those that stopped working with Win10 and up, because MS decided to stop supporting old working hardware.  Another solution is to use, as it is the networked version, the ethernet connection, just connect it, look up the IP address, and download the HP network driver set for it, and that will work perfectly. As a bonus all computers can use it then.

If still an issue connect via the network, and set up the driver for the old Laserjet 4MV, and the IP and port 9100, and use PCL5 as the print language, as that will work with all the HP network printers, and will set the page parameters as the printer has them. Did that with a few, as the new printer was given same IP address, and thus no need to change the very painful driver setup per client to work with a new driver, as this software was very unhappy with printers, but that 4MV setting worked with all the PCL printers, even those that were Canon made.

The following users thanked this post: p.larner

Offline p.larnerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Re: hp cp1515n laserjet issues
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 12:13:32 pm »
For some strange reason i moved the printer nearer to the tower,i had it running thru a usb extension lead,without that it works ok,its funny but i have 3 usb extension cables 2 of them are 1.5 meters long and a 5 meter one,it does the same with all 3 of them!.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf