Author Topic: HP durant switch replacement  (Read 481 times)

Offline coppercone2Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • $
HP durant switch replacement
« on: November 30, 2019, 02:58:52 am »
my precision supply had a broken switch, which I took apart. the spring shot out some where and I ended up destroying plastic pins.

hate this fucking thing, anyway does anyone have a solution to replace the 48211-468 switches?

almost want to replace it with a relay matrix or something before I decide to throw this thing out totally

horrible switch design too, could have had a retention plate in there so this does not happen  preferably something modern, I don't mind making another panel riveted to the front of the unit.. if it has decent switches, or even needing a lookup table to program it with a pushswitch matrix (laminated note). perhaps I will just replace it with a potentiometer.  ;D

mods can delete this, unless you want to leave a note for future designers of what not to do. the precision network can eat shit and its going to get 2 potentiometers like a real power supply, since i repaired a wago crimper i cannot deal with springs anymore, haha i am fucking laughing right now boy my hands hurt, at least the power supply is not sticking out of a drywall right now  ;D ;D ;D

if you wanna know whats wrong with it, the spring fits on a little triangle for some reason with no retention and it fits on another triangle with a pathetic brass insert (looks like a baby milipede) that makes a shady amount of contact with a little pcb that looks like it belongs on king tuts necklace. and its all flimsy plastic, then its improperly soldered and press fit into a comb on another pcb with little solder fillets holding it together (hey this is not how soldering or brazing works, it works on a lap joint principle, this is how garbage is assembled), hp should have designed a real swtich for this precision application rather then being cheap skates and reusing random trash for resistance controlled shit (granted the lowest value in the divider is 40ohms but for this dinky garbage switch oh my)

i bet if i even managed to clean and repair this thing, that switch matrix is still a ticking time bomb
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 03:21:00 am by coppercone2 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf