Author Topic: HP Elite E271i monitor disassembly  (Read 1769 times)

Offline CambridgeMartTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
HP Elite E271i monitor disassembly
« on: October 22, 2021, 07:29:49 pm »
I bought a faulty HP E271i monitor for a low price with the intent to repair it. It does actually power up, but shuts down after 30s or so. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of service information on this monitor, but I have located the end-of-life disassemblty manual
http://h22235.www2.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/Countries/_MultiCountry/disassembly_monito_20138623051838.pdf
I've managed to remove the stand and have removed the 2 screws shown in (9), but step (10) is not at all as easy as lifting the cover off! Has anyone worked on one of these monitors?

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: HP Elite E271i monitor disassembly
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 11:46:42 pm »
There are clips around the edge. This is typical for monitors and you can barely see them in the images in that document. A thin flat tool should be able to release them.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 06:17:34 pm »
I can see what look like clips in the photos, but I cannot locate them in the gap between the front and rear sections. Using a thin stainless steel spudger, there's no obvious give anywhere on either side that would indicate a clip.

Offline lunacyworks

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 08:44:55 am »
I had a version of that monitor,  I replaced/upgraded the led backlight in it.  I recall there being some thin double-sided tape on the back of my unit that was between the back that held the boards and the front that held the LCD.  I lifted it from the bottom and gently pried the two parts apart. Be careful as you can easily damage the shielding on the back of the LCD if forced or you get one tape and there happens to be another.

It could have been it was just excess tape that was used to hold down one of the ribbon cables connecting the LCD and control boards.

Either when you go to remove the back, lift up from the bottom part of the monitor and push the back cover forward towards the top of the monitor as you lift.

I don't recall it being like this type ()

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 05:39:06 pm »
The hidden feature  that enables you to remove the back is hidden under 2 little square 'bumps' at the bottom of the rear cover, if you insert a screwdriver through the opening on the RHS, the back pops loose. Wedge the back open with a guitar pick or spudger and do the same thing on the other side. Once it's loose, you can use a spudger to release all the clips along the left, right, and lower edges (5 each side and 8 along the bottom).
This doesn't appear to be documented anywhere that's readily accessible!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf