Author Topic: HP3458 Ram Test 1 Low  (Read 458 times)

Offline donnibTopic starter

HP3458 Ram Test 1 Low
« on: March 28, 2023, 03:57:34 pm »
Hi,
I have two 3458A which i don't use. One of them is working great and the other one is stating RAM Test 1 Low on power up. I left it some time turned on and then quickly power cycled and then i can pass the error. What is required to fix this ? If you have links to parts or guides please share.

Thank you

/donnib

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Re: HP3458 Ram Test 1 Low
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 04:32:23 pm »
I have one like that. To bypass it, I reset it through the front panel, clear errors and then set the GPIB address (it will set it to 20 in case of faults). To fix it, replace the Dallas nvrams, or for modern digital boards, or the snaphat batteries on newer boards. There's also an FRAM replacement l. You should also backup the cal data via gpib since that nvram may also lose its data soon.

For details of which ICs to replace, check the assembly level repair manual and component level information package (CLIP). Both and a lot more information are available from xdevs.com.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 04:41:08 pm by alm »

Online Dr. Frank

• Super Contributor
Re: HP3458 Ram Test 1 Low
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 10:14:05 pm »
I suggest that you search first for this exact failure here in the forum, as there are a lot more details of this very well known failure.
Especially how to save the CALRAM content first, which parts to buy, and what else is needed.
Frank

P.S.: Welcome to the forum, anyhow!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf