Author Topic: Hunt for service related documentation for a Fluke 164H - Multifunction Counter  (Read 1694 times)

Offline AleksTopic starter

• Contributor
Heya people,

Finally starting to clear up and empty my "TO BE FIXED" box.. First patient on the table is a hand held multi functional counter branded Fluke 164H, but all PCBs are Philips labeled :) It's a pretty nifty device, having two counter channels up to 160MHz, with a scope-like feature and a third counter channel up to 2.7GHz.

Here is some (combined?) issue with channels A and B. Both channels report that the input signal is clipped, even without any signal present on the input. This leads me to believe that there is a common denominator between channels A & B.

I have a hard time finding any service-like documentation for this counter. Has anyone come across any service documentation for these counters? Maybe an alternative model name from Philips? Even a block diagram will be of help :)

Offline Pete111

I have a service manual for the Fluke 163/164 including schematics. I would need to scan it first. Let me know if you still require it?

Regards,
Peter

Offline hansb

Dear Pete111,

I just stumbled upon this post.

I have a Fluke 164H which works OK, but it needs adjustment of the time base.

Are you willing to scan your Fluke 164 manual and send it to me?

Thanks in advance; I would appreciate it very much.

Regards,
Hans

Offline Pete111

Hi Hans

Can do, will probably be a couple of weeks before I can get to it though.

Regards,
Peter

Offline Pete111

service manual attached. Hope it helps.

The following users thanked this post: edavid, coromonadalix, Chris56000, alm, tonyalbus

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Thanks for scanning. Looks great! Could you upload, or would you mind me uploading, your scan to the following manual repositories?

Offline Pete111

No problem, happy for you to upload. Let me know if you prefer me to do the upload/s but I suspect you doing it will be faster.

Regards, Pete

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Okay, uploaded to all three, although it will take a while until you can download them: however long it takes the people running the sites to get around to checking the upload and moving it to the right place.

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
service manual attached. Hope it helps.

Thanks man!  was looking for hours... you are the best! :-+
Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
Did anyone find the code to enter the Calibration.
maybe i missed it in the service manual, it just says .. type the code here.
anyone ?

Thank you
Tony
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL

Offline Pete111

Hi Tony,

Apologies, I have only just realized that when I scanned the manual, none of the "even" pages scanned! I will rescan, this time paying more attention to what is scanned.

The calibration code listed in the manual is 62 951 413. To enter the code, the manual says "position the cursor on a digit, then press select to select it. Repeat the procedure for each digit and finish with Enter". I haven't tried it myself so I hope it works.

Regards,
Peter

The following users thanked this post: tonyalbus

Offline Pete111

Revised scan of service manual, this time including all the missing "even" pages. The schematics are complete as in previous post so not included in this attachment.

Peter

The following users thanked this post: tonyalbus

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
Sorry Pete111 , never saw your reply, thank you so much!  :-+ :-+
You are the best,
thank for your work scanning.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf