Author Topic: ICOM IC-2200H POWER SUDDEN CHANGE  (Read 647 times)

Offline Armando1989Topic starter

• Contributor
ICOM IC-2200H POWER SUDDEN CHANGE
« on: June 05, 2021, 11:15:20 pm »
Hi dudes
Ive noticed that my icom ic2200-h suddently change power to around 10w no matter which setting (LOW/MIDLOW/MID/HIGH) after around 5 seconds.
Ive investigated diagram and measured the control voltage T1 which mandates from DAC suddently changes to 1.56v as said, no matter which was the setting.
DAC is controlled by cpu via spi... so i took the scope to the clk and data lines on DAC during transmission, and bingo, after 5 seconds i found cpu ask dac to configure for this voltage:

that is 000101010000 which means output 8 (t1) and value of 1.5625v when vdd is 5v and vref is 0, so that makes perfect sense.
Have you any clue why cpu ask change power setting?. Ive run the calibration routine with service monitor and adjusted all fine, also default reset radio, however cpu always modify power... If only would be possible to upload fw into radio... |O
Thanks

Offline Armando1989Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: ICOM IC-2200H POWER SUDDEN CHANGE
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 09:04:24 am »
Solved
Turned to be "du" "voltage protection" setting in service menu config was not propperly saved.
The way to go is push s.mw key while in tx and then power off, unplug service cable, then power on. Otherwise youll encounter this problem.
Not an issue.
:)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf