Author Topic: Infinity Overture 2 amp signal path question  (Read 392 times)

Offline byoungbloodTopic starter

• Contributor
Infinity Overture 2 amp signal path question
« on: December 21, 2022, 12:09:33 am »
I am trying to troubleshoot this amplifier in this powered speaker. I understand the signal path to the 2N3906 Q6, but I am a bit lost between there and the bases of Q10 and Q12.

Is R63 a feedback path from the output?

Also, the bias is supposed to be adjusted via POT2. I can turn it fully in each direction but there is no change to the bias of any of the 4 output MOSFETS. There is supposed to be about 5.9mV dropped across R77 on the source lead of Q13, but I only measure 5.0mV (not off by much) but the potentiometer has no impact on the bias of the MOSFETS at all.

Thanks in advance.

Offline velixzeen

Re: Infinity Overture 2 amp signal path question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 11:09:09 am »
Hello byb, just read your post about the O2 amp.  Any luck figuring out the cct and o/p path?  I have a pair of O3 speakers and they use the same amp judging from the schematic you posted.  I'm looking for information and noted you had a spec of 5.9mV drop on R77.  Where did you get that value?  Can you post a link or something?

Like you I wondered about the path IN to OUT on this.  I hope the schematic is accurate.  Perhaps one could throw this into multisim and simulate it? 

Does turning the POT2 move the bias of Q11, the 2SD2012?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf