Author Topic: Jbc ad 2200 sleep temp setting  (Read 309 times)

Offline I AM A TENTTopic starter

Jbc ad 2200 sleep temp setting
« on: May 27, 2022, 08:38:24 am »
Hey! First post on the forum so I will also introduce myself. I am an student currently finishing a master in embedded systems so it is said i got a good knowledge about electronics.

I recently scored a bargain on a functioning JBC AD 2200 soldering iron. Soon after recieving the unit I wanted to start checking temps after thourghly cleaning the unit. The temps were a bit off (like 10 to 15 degrees) but this is probably due to my thermal camera. The sleeping temperature, so when the tool is inserted into the holder, is around 250/260 ish degree Celsius which is a bit high for my liking. I was looking into in how to change this and found out that a JBC AC 2600 is needed but that unit (if found anywhere) is freaking expensive. I found another old post here (linked below) where the EPROM was taken out and reprogrammed. I got acces to tools to desolder the eprom but I have no idea which parameters to change un the memory and don't want to mess it up.

If anyone knows how to identify where every byte stands for or has experience with this kind of modification please let me know.

The old post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/jbc-ad2700-soldering-station-fixed-temperature/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf