Author Topic: JBC SL-2300  (Read 459 times)

Offline lionelkjhTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
JBC SL-2300
« on: April 24, 2024, 04:46:31 pm »
Good evening; I am currently repairing a JBC SL-2300 soldering station which fully regulates the temperature...After disassembly; I notice that the electronic card has 2 wires at a corner of the card where the sector arrives; which justifies the inoperative regulation... My question is therefore: what is this component replaced by a piece of wire? Resistors; diodes?? What are their respective values? In addition I would also like to replace the complete iron because some parts are missing....Here are the card references: JBC 0223395...If anyone can help me find these 2 missing components as well as the iron; that would be great! I am attaching the photos I took.....Thank you for your valuable help!

• Frequent Contributor
Re: JBC SL-2300
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 11:24:04 am »
Good morning; I also specify that the voltage measured on the iron is of the order of 160v which causes the resistance to glow quite quickly; I unplug it immediately! The voltage should be close to 24v; we therefore have a tension 5 times greater....Cdt :-\

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 10:54:40 pm »
According to the exploded diagram on page 12 of the user manual, it would appear that this station has no stepdown transformer. Therefore, the heating element must be controlled via a TRIAC. I would think that you would need to measure the heater voltage with an RMS voltmeter.

Page 13 identifies the part numbers of the individual components of the handpiece.

https://www.jbctools.com/pdf/manual_SL2300.pdf

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 07:06:05 am »
Hello, and thank you for the feedback...I have the documentation for this product, but unfortunately I am looking for the diagram, or photos of the board of a functional soldering station....I measured the tension on the iron; it is located at 160v and should be around 24v...Cdt ;)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:33:32 am »
Good morning; if anyone has this model; could you give me detailed photos of the card??? Thanks in advance :-//

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:22:54 am »
Sorry, no photos.
But something from your photos.

Brown in is possibly a fuse, it goes to diode.
Blue in can also be a fuse, it goes under the button and space is too small for black diode used elsewhere.
But blue in wire shouldn't touch the 100k resistor, it might be so in first picture.

Other side of the button is a black diode.
If it's positive end is directly connected to blue in there is a full wave rectifier of some sort.

Half wave rectifier there clearly is since brown side diode is the only thing through what electricity goes.
The side also seems to be straight through, return is unknown.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf