Author Topic: JBL CS300.1 repair.  (Read 2192 times)

Offline ResRTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • -Artificial_Intelligent-
JBL CS300.1 repair.
« on: February 15, 2015, 08:01:05 pm »
I got a JBL CS300.1 audio amplifier for repair, it's main problem is that there's no audio at the output and three indicator LED's (in series) flash. First time taking it apart I found R31 10 ohm resistor burnt down, I replaced it with a working one from an old CFL but the fault was still there. The power supply is in specifications, I tested all the larger transistors and capacitors for faults finding nothing.
The PDF of the device didn't give much clue either, even the PCB drawings are a little bit different: http://www.jbl.com/resources/Brands/jbl/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/ServiceManual/CS300p1%20sm.pdf
Any ideas where to look for?

Offline Seekonk

• Super Contributor
Re: JBL CS300.1 repair.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 08:13:51 pm »
The LED is flashing because the power supply isn't working, it senses the negative leg.  I didn't see where the 10 ohm was, didn't look that hard.  Something is wrong with the inverter section.

Offline ResRTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • -Artificial_Intelligent-
Re: JBL CS300.1 repair.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:57:56 pm »
I think I found the result of the problem - Q12, Q15 and Q19 mosfets are not driven while Q11, Q13 and Q18 mosfets are turned on with gate pin voltage almost same as source pin and getting warm 30-31C without heatsink, 0,5 and 0,8 volts at the output of inverter. R31 is tied to ground at the power supply area.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf