Author Topic: Keithley 2000 Current Input Back Half  (Read 788 times)

Offline brokenslinkyTopic starter

Keithley 2000 Current Input Back Half
« on: September 22, 2021, 06:42:20 pm »
Bought a sort of working Keithley 2000 and in the process of getting it 100% functional.  It was missing the current input connector/fuse holder.  Was able to source and buy what I thought would be the entire part (2001-312D).  Turns out it is just the white front half of the fuse holder.  Anyone know the part number for the back half of the fuse holder and/or where I might be able to source one?   

Offline chekhov

• Regular Contributor
Re: Keithley 2000 Current Input Back Half
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 07:21:34 pm »
What do you mean by "back part" ? Back part is essentially the front panel. And if wire with spring is mentioned, there will be nothing you can buy IMO - only DIY / modify smth else.
However, maybe I'm the only one who is confused by this question.

The following users thanked this post: TiN

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 12:22:59 pm »
What do you mean by "back part" ? Back part is essentially the front panel. And if wire with spring is mentioned, there will be nothing you can buy IMO - only DIY / modify smth else.
However, maybe I'm the only one who is confused by this question.
There must be something more than just a spring and wire?  The white front portion has two 1/4 turn slots that mate with something on the backside.  Whatever the mating portion is, is missing too.

Offline chekhov

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 01:13:53 pm »
I think photo of the back of your front panel will tell more - I cannot imagine anything rather just it's broken (missing), comparing to how it should look like (there are plenty of photos of these front panels).

The following users thanked this post: brokenslinky

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 02:25:55 pm »
The back looks like others I have found online but haven't found a photo of what the inside looks like.  I'm assuming there's supposed to be 2 little tabs molded into the front panel that have been snapped off by someone being overzealous. 

Offline Per Hansson

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 02:37:22 pm »
Here is a picture of mine, yes there are tabs in the front panels plastic that the part you bought "screw into"

The following users thanked this post: brokenslinky

Offline chekhov

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 03:03:45 pm »
The back looks like others I have found online but haven't found a photo of what the inside looks like.  I'm assuming there's supposed to be 2 little tabs molded into the front panel that have been snapped off by someone being overzealous. 

Super, now we know that this is just a common design issue with this and newer Keithley DMMs - yep these two tabs are broken and that's why fuse holder was missing.
'Just' need to restore them somehow. My option would be to cut place where they were supposed to be and put new ones (plate made maybe from FR4, or maybe smth metal). Plate - better to say circular ring with these tabs inside so you just put it on the back, maybe glue a bit, but it then really holds because of the spring tension.
Don't remember seeing good solution on forum, but maybe it's already there.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 03:14:13 pm by chekhov »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf