Author Topic: Kenwood VR615 6 ch receivers No Display anyone repaired this?  (Read 489 times)

Offline slbenderTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I have two older Kenwood VR-615’s, 6 channel Surround Sound AM/FM Receivers, both have dead or NF panel displays, one shows standby red led and draws no power, the other when ON draws about 45 Watts, as per my Sencore PR-570.

Readings on both sets - no obvious shorts to ground on any of the six amp channels at speaker terminals, between hot and ground, on Fluke meter set to either diode test, ohms, or low ohms ranges (40 ohm range).  Main 8A fuse was replaced in one set.

Any other hidden fuses in there?  Any known failure modes that kills the power to the panel display? 

The SM covers eleven variations of the same set and is very, very confusing.

Neither unit shows anything on the many digits and DTS, Dolby Digital, Pro Logic indicators panel display.

Any threads or prior discussions - it’s a 2002 set using 3 channel STK413-020A hybrid’s for 6 x 100 wpc.

-Steven

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
Re: Kenwood VR615 6 ch receivers No Display anyone repaired this?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 03:12:08 pm »
The display seems to be pretty straight forward but AC powered.
Same powering connector is providing -30V for driver chip and AC something enable signal for IC806 but it is said to be absent in VR615.

Are you seeing those voltages?
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Offline strawberry

• Super Contributor
Re: Kenwood VR615 6 ch receivers No Display anyone repaired this?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 04:53:15 pm »
standby check : Vstb 5.3V, F.OFF1, standby key 0/4.8V
operational : +/-12V ,-30V ,FL(filament) ,PROT1 ,PROT2

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf