Author Topic: Kikusui PAN power supply input voltage help  (Read 2908 times)

Offline PTR_1275Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Kikusui PAN power supply input voltage help
« on: August 11, 2016, 03:20:36 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there can give me a bit of insight into this. I'm looking at a Kikusui PAN series power supply, the input is shown as 100VAC, but I can't find any information about if this can be changed internally (by changing switches or transformer taps). The brochure and manual state that they can have a factory option of 240VAC, but I cannot find much in the way of service manuals or technical information relating to this series.

I am hoping someone with experience with these power supplies can enlighten me, or if someone has photos of the internals that they can post that would be great. If anyone has good or bad things to say about these power supplies I would be curious to hear. Most things I can find say they are a good power supply, heavy, solid, built well.

Thanks for reading.

Offline singapol

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Kikusui PAN power supply input voltage help
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:37:13 pm »
What you have is a unit meant for Japanese domestic use (100V). I broused through one of their models
0-35V 5A, they do have those with CE standards for EU (230V).The only way you can find out is to open the cover and see, also perhaps do some AC voltage measurements of the main transformer but I doubt Kikusui
installs an international use main transformer where you can change input voltage via taps depending on which country you are from.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 11:24:09 pm »
Most of the ones I have found are 100v, even in countries outside of Japan. I really don't want to spend nearly a grand to find out it is a heavy boat anchor which is why I was hoping somebody who has a unit or service manual can tell me more about the internals

Offline chihaxinh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 01:52:56 am »
With Kikusui production , almost  it's 100V input , only way check it's open cover and check . Inside have jump in pcb for switching 110V or 230V input.

I have  some Kikusui PCA series 350V/0.2A and 18V/3A . 35V /2A but only 350V/0.2A have pcb jump for switch to 230V . other don't have.

So i search in internet i see it's PAN Series almos 110V

Offline singapol

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 04:00:21 am »
Most of the ones I have found are 100v, even in countries outside of Japan. I really don't want to spend nearly a grand to find out it is a heavy boat anchor which is why I was hoping somebody who has a unit or service manual can tell me more about the internals

You have not specified or identify which PAN Model you are short listing so how can people help you?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 05:32:42 am »
I am looking mostly at the pan 16-50

Offline costas

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 05:07:55 pm »
Transformation is very simple ,  binds the two primary 100v coils in series,  0v A-100v A and 0v B-100v B, for this cut two Connecting bridge 0v A-0v B and 100v A-100v B , and make one strap in the middle ( 0v B-100v-A ), carefully 100v fan must remain in parallel with one  100v coil .
Looking scheme for this source , was "walked" in side ... can not only control the output voltage between 0-30V or 5-35 ..... 0-35 fail

Thank you .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf