Author Topic: LCD Repair  (Read 1928 times)

Offline dimitris1989Topic starter

LCD Repair
« on: December 24, 2014, 08:42:19 am »
Hello all,

I have a Samsung T200 LCD monitor, and some time ago it started showing a white screen. At first it would recover after a few power offs and ons but now it's always white.

I opened it up, checked for bad capacitors on the power board but everything is fine. Is there anything else I can check or it's beyond repair?

Thank you

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Re: LCD Repair
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 12:26:44 pm »
Try to reseat LCD cable connectors, move the cable, press with finger BGA chips and power on while holding.

Offline dimitris1989Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 03:19:42 pm »
Try to reseat LCD cable connectors, move the cable, press with finger BGA chips and power on while holding.

Thank you for your reply
I tried it, but it didn't work

Offline AKM

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 05:53:57 pm »
TN panels usually work in normally white mode (it forms the picture by blocking unwanted colors from the backlight), so when you have a white screen on a monitor with TN panel, it is the panel which doesn`t work. Try checking the T-Con board for the voltages it needs to work(usually 5V); if there is a SMD fuse on the T-Con board, check it too; if the fuse is blown, check for shorted components before replacing it with an equivalent fuse(take care to notice components in parallel, especially the bypass capacitors).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf