Electronics > Repair

Lenovo Ideapad 320

(1/3) > >>

GGMM:
Good morning,
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 4GB Ram --> 8GB Ram(W10) laptop with a 1TB 2.5 inch hard drive and since 2018.
He’s starting to drive me crazy, because his condition seems to get worse and worse with response times getting slower and slower.
Initially I was told you don’t have enough memory, so I upgraded to 8GB Ram. It seemed a little better, but no more.
Now it’s just infernal, with latencies of 2 to 3 seconds. I was told look at the virtual memory, but it hasn’t changed anything.
I tried to reinstall everything, to remove everything that can gener at startup, etc, it’s the same.
So I analyzed the disc and ordered a 4 TB SSD at A...x.
The analysis was done with Crystal Disk info and GSmart control.
crystal disk info says everything is fine (Weird I have values above the threshold if I’m not mistaken), and Gsmart tells me the opposite, but be careful it seems that reading Seagate info can be wrong.
I point out that the disc "Swappe" constantly and the fan does not stop blowing. In addition, in the task manager we find ourselves either at 100% CPU, or at 100% disk.
So I started reinstall windows on the SSd disk (I’m waiting to get a caddy to clone), and there again no luck the laptop freezes after 2h00. The SSd is really hot.
I put you the photos of the disc to get your opinions on its design, there is so much fake, but it seems to me "true", not made with SD cards.
I was still able to make a copy of a folder of 23,000 files from C to D (from the SSD disk), we start at 150 MB/s to an average of 50 MB/s.
The cpu at the time of copy is also 98%!!!
So my questions, is the disc dead?
Is the SSD a real one?
Are its capabilities more limited by the design of the laptop? Outdated cpu, etc
All your opinions are welcome.
only PB, I have no other hard CD or SSD to test.

GGMM:
I have also tested to reinstall windows on the hard disk --> the same
Here read: ---> only PB, I have no other hard CD or SSD to test.   (Not CD but Hard disk!!!)

fzabkar:
Your HDD is an SMR model:

https://www.seagate.com/www-content/product-content/seagate-laptop-fam/mobile-hdd/en-us/docs/100775165f.pdf

It would be expected that the write performance would nosedive during protracted writes after the CMR cache is exhausted. However, one would not expect a similar drop for an SSD. There would be some drop in the sustained write performance in an SSD when the pseudo-SLC cache is exhausted, but it wouldn't be as bad as for an HDD.

BTW, the raw SMART values for your HDD are OK. Those big numbers are sector counts, not error counts.

Seagate SMART Attribute Specification:

http://t1.daumcdn.net/brunch/service/user/axm/file/zRYOdwPu3OMoKYmBOby1fEEQEbU.pdf

Normal SATA SMART Attribute Behavior (Seagate):

http://t1.daumcdn.net/brunch/service/user/axm/file/Vw3RJSZllYbDc86ssL6bofiL4r0.pdf

GGMM:
As you know, the SSD is a "waterproof" plastic case. there is no ventilation.
The SSD card being only half the case, I wondered that to make a cooling one could consider several solutions, knowing that the space is limited since it is a laptop.
Already, drill holes on the case to get out the heat. Even if it means drilling the bottom of the laptop (!)
Then, since there is room, place a mini ventilator, but I didn’t see any 5 mm thick. (Does it exist?)
Then we can imagine, connect the bare SSD card, without a box, with a copper plate system on the pavement that heats up and connect to the chassis?
In fact there is only one chip that heats up (see photo)

In short it exists for m2 cards
cdt

fzabkar:
I would run a HD Tune read benchmark test against your HDD. Look for a smooth monotonically decreasing curve.

Then try CrystalDiskMark for your SSD.

In the past I have glued heatsinks onto hot ICs, but this would no doubt require you to cut a hole in your SSD's case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version