Author Topic: Lenovo Ideapad 320  (Read 2009 times)

Offline GGMMTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Lenovo Ideapad 320
« on: June 08, 2023, 03:52:56 pm »
Good morning,
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 4GB Ram --> 8GB Ram(W10) laptop with a 1TB 2.5 inch hard drive and since 2018.
He’s starting to drive me crazy, because his condition seems to get worse and worse with response times getting slower and slower.
Initially I was told you don’t have enough memory, so I upgraded to 8GB Ram. It seemed a little better, but no more.
Now it’s just infernal, with latencies of 2 to 3 seconds. I was told look at the virtual memory, but it hasn’t changed anything.
I tried to reinstall everything, to remove everything that can gener at startup, etc, it’s the same.
So I analyzed the disc and ordered a 4 TB SSD at A...x.
The analysis was done with Crystal Disk info and GSmart control.
crystal disk info says everything is fine (Weird I have values above the threshold if I’m not mistaken), and Gsmart tells me the opposite, but be careful it seems that reading Seagate info can be wrong.
I point out that the disc "Swappe" constantly and the fan does not stop blowing. In addition, in the task manager we find ourselves either at 100% CPU, or at 100% disk.
So I started reinstall windows on the SSd disk (I’m waiting to get a caddy to clone), and there again no luck the laptop freezes after 2h00. The SSd is really hot.
I put you the photos of the disc to get your opinions on its design, there is so much fake, but it seems to me "true", not made with SD cards.
I was still able to make a copy of a folder of 23,000 files from C to D (from the SSD disk), we start at 150 MB/s to an average of 50 MB/s.
The cpu at the time of copy is also 98%!!!
So my questions, is the disc dead?
Is the SSD a real one?
Are its capabilities more limited by the design of the laptop? Outdated cpu, etc
All your opinions are welcome.
only PB, I have no other hard CD or SSD to test.

• Regular Contributor
Re: Lenovo Ideapad 320
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 03:57:20 pm »
I have also tested to reinstall windows on the hard disk --> the same
Here read: ---> only PB, I have no other hard CD or SSD to test.   (Not CD but Hard disk!!!)

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 01:03:00 am »
Your HDD is an SMR model:

https://www.seagate.com/www-content/product-content/seagate-laptop-fam/mobile-hdd/en-us/docs/100775165f.pdf

It would be expected that the write performance would nosedive during protracted writes after the CMR cache is exhausted. However, one would not expect a similar drop for an SSD. There would be some drop in the sustained write performance in an SSD when the pseudo-SLC cache is exhausted, but it wouldn't be as bad as for an HDD.

BTW, the raw SMART values for your HDD are OK. Those big numbers are sector counts, not error counts.

Seagate SMART Attribute Specification:

http://t1.daumcdn.net/brunch/service/user/axm/file/zRYOdwPu3OMoKYmBOby1fEEQEbU.pdf

Normal SATA SMART Attribute Behavior (Seagate):

http://t1.daumcdn.net/brunch/service/user/axm/file/Vw3RJSZllYbDc86ssL6bofiL4r0.pdf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 06:19:56 pm »
As you know, the SSD is a "waterproof" plastic case. there is no ventilation.
The SSD card being only half the case, I wondered that to make a cooling one could consider several solutions, knowing that the space is limited since it is a laptop.
Already, drill holes on the case to get out the heat. Even if it means drilling the bottom of the laptop (!)
Then, since there is room, place a mini ventilator, but I didn’t see any 5 mm thick. (Does it exist?)
Then we can imagine, connect the bare SSD card, without a box, with a copper plate system on the pavement that heats up and connect to the chassis?
In fact there is only one chip that heats up (see photo)

In short it exists for m2 cards
cdt

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 07:31:25 pm »
I would run a HD Tune read benchmark test against your HDD. Look for a smooth monotonically decreasing curve.

Then try CrystalDiskMark for your SSD.

In the past I have glued heatsinks onto hot ICs, but this would no doubt require you to cut a hole in your SSD's case.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 07:33:31 pm by fzabkar »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2023, 10:10:55 am »
Hello fzabcar,

I found the same hard drive pattern on E...y. Only 15€ free shipping. !
This will already allow me to easily clone, and then test and compare the 2 hard drives.
For the SSD that’s heating up, I’m not going to embark on referral solutions to the other side of the globe. I’ll find a solution afterwards.

Thank's for your help

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2023, 07:44:58 pm »
It looks like your SSD is based on a Realtek/RayMX RM1135 controller:

https://ixbt.online/live/images/original/00/00/18/2023/02/05/260926659c.jpg
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 07:52:19 pm by fzabkar »

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2023, 11:14:34 pm »
I found the same hard drive pattern on E...y. Only 15€ free shipping.

ST2000LM007 / ST1000LM035 – Is this the worst HDD ever made?
https://www.cheadledatarecovery.co.uk/2018/02/st2000lm007-st1000lm035-worst-hdd-ever/

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2023, 03:39:09 pm »
Good morning,

Thank you Fzabkar for all your information.
I received today a hard drive that I found on E...y for 15€.
This is the same model that I cloned with Aomei. (ST1000LM0035) so a somewhat rotten model like the basic one.
The cloning lasted 5 hours, but no blockage.
So I put the clone instead of the original.
It works, but there are still latencies. I think that with everything installed, the laptop can more LOL. Sorting to be done certainly and see a little everything that starts and consumes the cpu.
Free software with real features to find to clean up.
Thanks for the information of the controller for the SSD. On mine the SSD keypad is completely remodeled.
If I put it in, do I have to install the pilots in question?
As a reminder, it seems to freeze after an hour, I will also try a cloning on it to see.
Otherwise, the seller’s answer is "return to China", which I will not do.
so far
cdt

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 06:58:49 pm »
On mine the SSD keypad is completely remodeled.
If I put it in, do I have to install the pilots in question?

I don't understand the translation. :-?

FWIW, I have an old Core 2 Duo desktop whose performance improved dramatically after replacing the HDD with a SATA SSD. I can't understand why you are not seeing the same improvement. :-?

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2023, 01:07:34 am »
Dunno about the "keypad" but the "pilots" should be "drivers"  ;D

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2023, 01:58:15 am »
SATA should already have drivers built into the OS. It doesn't matter whether it's an SSD or HDD.

Can you show us the SMART report for the SSD?

I can't find any info on the "Micron/Intel" NAND (29FSRHB3BJATH7 or MT29FSRHB3BJATH7). It could be remarked Spectek seconds. I'm wondering whether the capacity really is 4TB.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 02:19:00 am by fzabkar »

Offline Jwillis

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2023, 05:03:21 pm »
Are you certain that the problem is a hardware issue and not a software issue? What version of windows are you using ? Is the version your using an image of the last updated version? Did you recently upgrade to windows 11? Are all your drivers up to date and the correct ones? Does your BIOS require updating?
Did you try rolling back the OS to the last version that worked best?

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2023, 07:15:01 am »
From time to time Windows gets extremely slow, when it is downloading an update in the background. With a computer that is only rarely used this can be a problem as chances are it is doing this most of the time.

Offline Valery_

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2024, 06:58:53 am »
Good morning,
On the back of the SSD there is (usually) an inscription with the name of the chip.
You can also check which microcircuits are installed using the Realtek flash id program, if there is a Realtek chip.
http://vlo.name:3000/ssdtool/
If possible, please check what memory is installed on this SSD and post it here.
Sometimes the capacity indicated on the disk does not match the capacity of the memory chips.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf