Author Topic: Lexmark E260 usb data lines shorted to ground  (Read 301 times)

Offline NickyYTSRB

• Contributor
Lexmark E260 usb data lines shorted to ground
« on: July 23, 2019, 09:23:15 pm »
My printer is not getting recognized via usb and i decided to measure continuity between d+ and d- and both are shorted to ground. There is capacitor parallel to ground pn both d+ and d- and after that series resistor that leads to main soc. Data lines coming from the soc are shorted to ground. If the resistors and capacitors on data lines are faulty what is the chance of soc being okay with data lines. Soc boots normally and diagnostic paper prints when requested. Is ltp worth using in 2k19? Can i still get printer info and set toner thickness and etc via ltp same as via usb? Im still a 18yo kiddo and i have no idea if that printer to pc communication via ltp can transfer such data about paper jam and etc... I will tru to desolder resistors and capacitors to get data lines from soc floating and measure it again.

Offline KD4CCF

• Contributor
Re: Lexmark E260 usb data lines shorted to ground
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 04:26:11 am »
If you're in the US, you can get a refurb 90 day warranty unit for $110 shipped to your door. Has network connectivity too.

(no affiliation)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333263311168

Offline blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 04:48:48 am »
Try to remove any protection diodes and ESD capacitors first. It won't cost you anything, and it will tell you if the main SoC is fried or not.

Also, water corrosion is a possibility. My Canon IP110 died of a cup of water and some simple cleanup and solder touchup gave it a second life.

Offline Chriss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 05:49:45 am »
Hi!
Most of time there is sitting somewhere near the usb connector prptective diodes and esd protective IC which is also some type of diodes.

I relaired many times this kind of problems on usb devices.

First make the D- and D+ lines clean grom any protection parts and then check if it is inshort.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Offline NickyYTSRB

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 10:23:27 pm »
Well guys sadly it's shorted inside soc. I hope that parallel port still works. Removed capacitora and resistors and no change.

Offline Chriss

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 06:33:27 am »
Can you please post a picture about the region on the pcb where the problem exist?

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf