Author Topic: LG 37LF2500-ZA - Display only showing a few horizontal lines  (Read 636 times)

Offline NaLogoTopic starter

Hey everyone!

I'm somewhat new to repairing things but I'd love to see if I can, with your help, get this TV working properly again.
This is a 10-year-old LG 37LF2500-ZA and the issue we're looking at is that the screen only shows a few horizontal lines that look like... remains of the OSD.

I've checked, cleaned and re-seated the ribbon cables connecting the mainboard to the display driver board as well as the ones connecting the display driver board to the display - but that didn't help.

Replacing any of the boards or the display is probably not worth it as I can most likely get a similar TV used for a lot less money... so I'm kind of hoping that some of you have an idea that would not involve buying new boards. :)

Edit: Okay, I could buy a new display driver board. They cost next to nothing on AliExpress. Would that be worth it or is it more likely that the display is just screwed up?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:45:16 am by NaLogo »

Offline pe0hm

Re: LG 37LF2500-ZA - Display only showing a few horizontal lines
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:16:05 pm »
I have had the same problems with a similar LG. I swapped the driver board but the problem stayed. So I think this problem could very well be in the panel itself.

The following users thanked this post: NaLogo

Offline NaLogoTopic starter

Re: LG 37LF2500-ZA - Display only showing a few horizontal lines
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 06:04:05 am »
I have had the same problems with a similar LG. I swapped the driver board but the problem stayed. So I think this problem could very well be in the panel itself.
Ah damn.

Well, I've bought a display driver board when I posted so I'll give that a shot anyway. I'll update this with the results. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf